It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Death & Dying Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2011, 11:11 AM   #1
(female)

Lindsey1995 HB User
What should I do about my obsession with death?

I'm 15 years old and about 2 and a half months ago, a senior at my school was killed in a car crash. I didn't know him, but I'm close friends with his brother. Ever since then, I have been thinking and dreaming about death non stop. It started before this, but now it's constant. I listen to music about death and think about myself or my friends dying all the time. I don't fear my own death but I constantly find the need to tell my friends I love them because I think they might die. I ask myself who would speak at my funeral, who would cry, what would I say at my friends funeral, what would they look like in the casket, etc. I'm always wondering when or how I'm gonna die...also, 10 days after the car accident that killed my friends brother, my grandfather was given 2 months to live. I constantly envision his funeral and just everything I think about revolves around some kind of death. I'm not depressed or scared I just think about it all the time. What should I do? Please give some advice...thanks.

Old 04-27-2011, 12:19 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User
Re: What should I do about my obsession with death?

Hi I read some time ago that some obsessions are actually caused by a strep infection. Perhaps a throat culture and or other types of cultures in other places could be done to be sure. A visit to the doctor may help to find out. One could avoid mentioning the obsession to avoid being placed on undesireable meds. A person could say something like someone suggested I get some cultures done can you help?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread