It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Death & Dying Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-20-2011, 03:18 PM   #1
(female)

anonymous08 HB User
Dating after husband passes

My husband and I had been together for 6 years and passed away two weeks ago from a brain anneurism at the age of 27. I am a strong Christian and at first I was in pain of missing him but then it almost just disappeared and I was ready to get back into my routine and move forward because I know he's in heaven and he would want me to be happy. I recently started talking to someone who I am head over heels for. He spent a lot of time w my husband at his work and completely respects me and is willing to move slow. I am receiving donations bc my husband had no life or health insurance and I am only 24. I am so scared to be seen dating this guy so soon bc I don't want anyone to think I was having an affair or something idk? But I just need some advice on how long we need to keep things hush hush ect. Thank u for your time

Old 05-20-2011, 03:36 PM   #2
(female)

anonymous08 HB User
Re: Dating after husband passes

We do not have children. I was just wondering if 2 weeks is too soon and if me acting out in public w him as tho we are talking seems ok?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-25-2011, 10:31 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

cryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB User

I think that maybe when your feeling you are moving on and getting on with life thats just your way of grieving (delayed grieving kind of thing), maybe you are still in shock. It may hit you later on when you least expect it. Grieving can be done in so many ways. I think 2 weeks is too soon for you yes, your husband has been gone for only 14 days.

Was you happy in your marriage?

Old 06-02-2011, 08:55 AM   #4
(female)

texasbart HB User

I too lost my husband 2 1/2 weeks ago to a brain aneurysm. We had been married 41 years. I know I'm alot older than you, but I am still in shock and cannot believe that he is actually gone. Maybe you are wanting to move on so soon because it eases the pain some and you are putting your grief on hold. You have to be able to go through the grief process, as bad as it is. Also, you may be wanting someone to "take care of you". My advice is to wait...2 weeks is not enough time.

The following user gives a hug of support to texasbart:
cryingforever (06-02-2011)
Closed Thread