It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Death & Dying Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2011, 05:53 PM   #1
(female)

MMZ HB User
Unhappy Mom's still fighting

My mother has a rare form of lymphoma, it's in her stomach instead, she has it right now for the fourth time. She is not going through chemo anymore instead they are giving her pain meds, morphine, vicadin, and percasets. Her kidneys are failing cause of it and they cant do a transplant because of the cancer and now they can't do dialysis becuase theres an inoperable tumor on the kidney. She has a tumor on her spine which is causing her to have a hard time walking.

Along with Lymphoma she also has lupis, which is also attacking her major organs. She has already been experiencing rectal bleeding. The pain is so bad that not even her Morphine or Vicadins can stop it.

They found a tumor in her aorta which will be hardening soon and block off all circulation to her heart. Basically if the kidneys dont fail first, then her heart will give out first. I am having a hard time dealing with this, my mother was a single parent and me and my two sisters are very close to her.

After she passes, an institute is going to be paying $250,000 dollars to do research on her body to figure out what caused the cancer and try to see if they can find a cure. She doesn't want a funeral or anything she just wants us to throw her a party to remember her by. I am going to follow her wishes but I will probably be crying the whole time. I can't see myself going on without her, but I know I will.

The following user gives a hug of support to MMZ:
Lollipop24 (05-25-2011)
Old 05-25-2011, 06:40 PM   #2
(female)

Lollipop24 HB User
Re: Mom's still fighting

I'm sorry to hear that your mother is passing. I loss my mom and brother last year and know the feeling all to well. It might seem like it won't be alright, but it will get better with time. You'll get through it and you'll always have your mom with you in your heart and memories.

The Following User Says Thank You to Lollipop24 For This Useful Post:
MMZ (06-11-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-30-2011, 10:02 PM   #3
(female)

Inmemoryofmom HB User
Re: Mom's still fighting

I am so sorry to hear that about your mom, that's really tough to go through. I went through a simialar situation, when my mom passed about 4 months ago, she was also a single parent and I also have two sister's who were close to her as well. The thing that me and my sisters had to do was be there for our mom the best we could, and now be for each other. Me and my sister's are closer now then we have ever been and we keep each other going. We have our up's and down's with dealing with our loss, but we're there to help one another through the toughest days. It's the hardest thing you'll ever go through, but having your sisters will make it easier to know that you have each other, and you're all going through the same thing. Just stay strong, like the woman your mom is, and you will be ok, it's going to be rough, but you will make it through.

The Following User Says Thank You to Inmemoryofmom For This Useful Post:
MMZ (06-11-2011)
Closed Thread