It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Death & Dying Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2011, 05:15 AM   #1
(female)

marta123 HB User
coping with death

My husband has died very recently and I'm finding it very hard to get on with life wiyhout him. We were together for a long , long time and he had been sick for over a year. Suddenly I'm all alone and as we didn't mix too much with others am feeling very cut off from the world. My children live very far away and any way I don't want to burden them. I gave up my job a year ago so I don't even have that outlet and anyway I don't think I want to go back to that. Jst wondering how other people have coped in this type of situation? Any general tips or advice? I'm not down or depressed or anything just so alone all of a sudden.

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: marta123
flipfleury (06-27-2011), solofelix (06-06-2011)
Old 06-06-2011, 06:05 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User
Re: coping with death

Hello, Firstly I would like to pass on my sincere sympathy at the passing of your Husband, I do feel for you. I have not been in that position with my husband but have lost both parents so know how you feel. Just a few suggestions, are you a church person. I joined a church and found the people so nice and have formed many friends that way, also have found a sense of peace and comfort there as well. Another thing you might think about later is a few hours work in a Charity Shop, you would meet people from all walks of life there and may even meet someone in the same position as yourself. I am not widowed myself but I am pension age. Some years ago I joined an ACTIVE-RETIREMENT group, I went all by myself but they made me so welcome and I have made a number of friends this way. With all these things you only need to precipitate as and when YOU want to. Just a few ideas and to let you know you need not be lonely. Solofelix.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-06-2011, 11:00 AM   #3
(female)

texasbart HB User

I am so sorry for your loss. I just lost my husband of 41 years 3 weeks ago. His death was sudden and I still have not fully come to accept the fact that he is gone. I understand your lonliness, even though my grown son is living with me and my other son is close by. Even when I am among people, I still feel so alone. Since my loss is so new, I really don't have much advice for you but wanted you to know that I understand how you feel. I'm hoping that with time I will want to go out and get involved with things. My friends and family are trying to get me to do that now but it is too soon...I'm not ready. My thoughts are with you.

Old 06-07-2011, 08:19 AM   #4
(female)

sudo59 HB User

Hi, I know what you are going thru. I lost my husband this past April 18 and I am struggling as well. I do have my 16yr old son with me but I don't want to burden him as he is learning to live without his Dad.

It just sucks, I have no advice for you, wish I did. I do know this, some days are easier than others. My biggest struggles are the loneliness. I do have plenty of friends and I do work but I can't get rid of this "all alone in this big big world" feeling. It's like my protector is gone. I was with my husband for 33 years, I don't know who I am or what life is supposed to be like without him. I do know I miss him terribly.

Maybe thru here we can keep each afloat?

Hang in there ladies...

Mary

Old 06-16-2011, 09:43 AM   #5
(female)

Mildred1260 HB User

so sorry 4 your losses

Old 06-27-2011, 08:26 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

flipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB User

If he was on hospice, you're eligible to take part in their breavement programs. If you attend church maybe talking with your pastor,priest,or rabbi would help you find a widow's support group or trained counselor the deals with the grieving process, maybe talk to some other widow's you may know because I'm sure they can relate to what you're going. It does take time to heal so be gentle and good to yourself. It's okay to cry and show your emotions because that helps you in the long run to go through the grieving process. I am so sorry for your loss of your husband !I can't say I know what you're feeling or going through because I am single. i hope these suggestions can help you in some way.

Last edited by Administrator; 07-15-2014 at 06:11 AM.

Closed Thread