It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Death & Dying Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-23-2011, 08:58 AM   #1
(female)

lisa5011 HB User
Lost both of my parents before the age of 24

Hey Everyone, I lost my dad when I was 21 years old, he suffered from a major heart attack he was only 53. Three years later my mom aged 55 is diagnosed with acute Leukimia. I was by her side for all of her treatments, watched her get sicker and weaker until her body coudnt fight anymore... 6 monthes later she was gone..... Im 24 years old and everyday I think I have some type of cancer, Im always going to the doctor and they keep telling me theres nothing wrong and its all in my head. I feel like I cant enjoy life cause Im always thinking I have some type of cancer.

My friends think I should talk to someone about this but Im very private and I already have a hard time opening up to them. I worried all the time and its starting to affect my life.

The following user gives a hug of support to lisa5011:
walkingtall (07-23-2011)
Old 07-23-2011, 09:08 AM   #2
(female)

walkingtall HB Userwalkingtall HB Userwalkingtall HB Userwalkingtall HB Userwalkingtall HB Userwalkingtall HB User
Re: Lost both of my parents before the age of 24

Sounds like you are suffering from depression and anxiety and you really need to see your dr and tell them how you are feeling. Keep a healthy diet. Sounds like you are still grieving as well. Time heals those wounds. Please talk to your dr.

The Following User Says Thank You to walkingtall For This Useful Post:
lisa5011 (07-23-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-26-2011, 01:58 PM   #3
(female)

texasbart HB User

I'm sorry for your losses. I lost both my parents by the time I was 19. My father had pulmonary fibrosis and my mom less that three years later had a brain aneurysm. They were both 53 when they died. I also used to think I would die young because of this. But I am now 61 years old and am still here. You probably should talk to someone, whether it is a friend or counselor. I know it is a terrible loss and you will always look back and wish they were with you. It will get better with time.

Old 11-01-2011, 11:05 PM   #4
(female)

mickeymouse123 HB User

I'm sorry for your loss. I lost my dad in June, he was 55. It just came as a big shock. Every time someone would come up to me to condole me, I'd say something like well we're all going to go someday. I realized that I didn't like the impression my thought process gave people so I stopped saying it.

Now I feel I'm more silent and don't smile as much as i used to. I also read a lot of news of people dying everyday (not to feel better about myself, just to know that what happened was natural and try to accept it). Maybe it's because I am the eldest and my brother and sister still need to be looked after I've become very private and only have one or two people who I can share stuff with.
I've learnt not to predict death. Though I do think that everyday about my relatives and aunts, uncles and my mom especially, what's going to happen if they die and I'm left alone.

I never made a lot of loyal friends because I've moved around a lot, somehow I feel I should find all the strength I need from within myself.
I'm not really worried about myself dying, just worried about the people I'll leave behind, especially if I die young and have children.

I hope you can overcome your problems. Maybe you could talk to a psychiatrist or a therapist. Sometimes it helps if you don't know them.

Closed Thread