It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Death & Dying Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2012, 10:26 PM   #1
(male)

OR1234 HB User
Question Am I dying? beginning of the end.

Hello...I Have Hep C Cirrhosis of liver. Have had hep c and cirrhosis of liver for approx. 25 years. I'm 50 yrs old now. My platelette count is 28,000 and normal is up around 250,000 to 450,000. have had edema and asictes or swelling in legs and feet also in abdomin for years now. also had verices bleed in esophagus about 8 months ago. lost 3 1/2 pints of blood then. was told it was do to portal hypertension. Have had 3 liver biopsies. Was told by doctor that there was nothing they could do for me except hold my hand when the time comes since I cant afford the cost of a liver transplant. Also tried the inter pheron treatment for the Hep c but did not help me in any way. That was 10 years ago. I have zero energy and am so so tired but can't sleep. When I say can't sleep I meen I get maybe 2 to 3 hours of sleep a night but only 30 minutes at a time. Never consecutive hours. After 2 or 3 weeks of this then usually I'll get 4-5 hours of good deep sleeep but, only for about 3 nights then back to no sleep for weeks on end. I have these strange body jerks that come out of no where. Also this awful itch that just wont go away. I have these red blotches all over my upper body that is so discusting looking that I wouldn't take my shirt off if you paid me. Thats partly why I live alone with just my dog because I'm sure no women could fall in love with me. Also just recently my legs at times feel so heavy I have to use my arms to help move them when getting in and out of a car. Not sure what thats about or if its even related to liver failure. I havent had any jaundice and kidneys still work but at times my urine is almost brown in color. To top it all off I'm also insullin dependent diabetic and also have had 4 back surgeries. Titanium cages around my spine. However I still can walk so real fortunate there I feel.
So this all led me to ask (am i dieing) cause I sure aint living but just existing. The research I done more or less tells me that yes my body has started the dieing process but probably still have a year or two more of hell to live through yet.
If anyone can relate to my story I would truly love to here from you.
OH I almost forgot....All these liver problems is because I used a needle One time and only once in my life 30 years ago.

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: OR1234
rudiraven (01-11-2012), Tree Frog (01-06-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-11-2012, 12:45 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

rudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB User
Re: Am I dying? beginning of the end.

I am sorry that you are suffering so much. If you really want to think about it, we are all dying from the moment we are born. It's just a matter of time for everyone. Have you asked your doctor if there is something you can take to help you sleep? I know most meds go through the liver and you don't want to assault it anymore, but maybe there's something you could try. Perhaps some Sleepytime Tea. Try to find some peace either with reading or music or maybe just give your dog a big hug and tell him your worries. Dogs are such good listeners .

I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers. God Bless

Old 04-23-2012, 08:33 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

flipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by OR1234 View Post
Hello...I Have Hep C Cirrhosis of liver. Have had hep c and cirrhosis of liver for approx. 25 years. I'm 50 yrs old now. My platelette count is 28,000 and normal is up around 250,000 to 450,000. have had edema and asictes or swelling in legs and feet also in abdomin for years now. also had verices bleed in esophagus about 8 months ago. lost 3 1/2 pints of blood then. was told it was do to portal hypertension. Have had 3 liver biopsies. Was told by doctor that there was nothing they could do for me except hold my hand when the time comes since I cant afford the cost of a liver transplant. Also tried the inter pheron treatment for the Hep c but did not help me in any way. That was 10 years ago. I have zero energy and am so so tired but can't sleep. When I say can't sleep I meen I get maybe 2 to 3 hours of sleep a night but only 30 minutes at a time. Never consecutive hours. After 2 or 3 weeks of this then usually I'll get 4-5 hours of good deep sleeep but, only for about 3 nights then back to no sleep for weeks on end. I have these strange body jerks that come out of no where. Also this awful itch that just wont go away. I have these red blotches all over my upper body that is so discusting looking that I wouldn't take my shirt off if you paid me. Thats partly why I live alone with just my dog because I'm sure no women could fall in love with me. Also just recently my legs at times feel so heavy I have to use my arms to help move them when getting in and out of a car. Not sure what thats about or if its even related to liver failure. I havent had any jaundice and kidneys still work but at times my urine is almost brown in color. To top it all off I'm also insullin dependent diabetic and also have had 4 back surgeries. Titanium cages around my spine. However I still can walk so real fortunate there I feel.
So this all led me to ask (am i dieing) cause I sure aint living but just existing. The research I done more or less tells me that yes my body has started the dieing process but probably still have a year or two more of hell to live through yet.
If anyone can relate to my story I would truly love to here from you.
OH I almost forgot....All these liver problems is because I used a needle One time and only once in my life 30 years ago.
Are you under a doctor's care ? If so, ask him or her what they think about how long you can live like this. If they think you have less than 6 months to live then ask for a referral to a hospice home care agency or hospice facility. You will get medications to help with pain and also to help you sleep, a nurse will come see you once a week, a home health aide,a social worker, spiritual care or chaplain( if you want one),and a volunteer. I think you would benefit greatly by having hospice if you qualify.

The following user gives a hug of support to flipfleury:
vonbon1 (04-24-2012)
Old 04-27-2012, 11:15 AM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

Moldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB User

I couldn't go by without answering you dear...
I am so sorry you suffer so much, that you are not well. Not sleeping is a very big deal for your body; only when we sleep, we heal, this is a rule.

I am myself disabled lady who lives in chronic none stop pain and sleep is not an option. I have nothing to loose, so I take sleep aids. If you cant afford something like Ambien LA, than buy yourself Tylenol PM, works wonders. It says to take 2 of them, but I would try one in the beginning and see how it works for you. If you still have problem to fall asleep, you can take 2 at the time. You need your sleep sweet heart, of course you tired, who wouldn't?

Wishing you the best; only God knows how long we all have... As sick as you are, dont think about death tomorrow, try to enjoy every moment you have. My mom has Hep B and Hep C, she suffers for years but she loves us so much, that Death is not a word in her vocabulary.

Again, I am very sorry and wish to give you a gentle hug...
Moldova

Closed Thread

Tags
cirrhosis of the liver, hep-c, liver disease, liver failure