It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Death & Dying Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2012, 10:20 AM   #1
(female)

Cimarie HB User
Estimated time to live with end stage liver disease?

My Nani is 82 years old and has been suffering with cirrhosis for a little over 2 years now. The disease is unfortunately hereditary, she rarely ever drank. The last two years she has been in the hospital at least 8 times. She had been banded, given laculose(forgive my spelling), has been drained of fluid from her stomach and lungs, and given pills to try and stop the fluid from filling up. This last time she went in the hospital was a little before Christmas and it is a month later and she is still in. She has been in and out of icu over the last month they have done more banding and a procedure to try and bypass the liver all together with some kind of vein rerouting but it seems that she was unresponsive to that. The doctors say she is on end stages but they won't give us a time line. She is turning more yellow by the day and everyday is different health wise. She has extreme memory loss at times and other times she is fine. One day she's losing blood faster then they can give it the next she is fine and might be getting released soon. I realized age is not on her side and it is a fact of life that we all will die but none of that makes it easier. And this up and down day by day non sense is such an emotion roller coaster my family and I are like ready to break down ourselves. So I guess I'm just wondering if anyone can shed any light on this very hard and grim situation and give an idea when it might end?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread