It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Death & Dying Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2012, 04:44 AM   #1
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User
Thoughts On Death

Hello all,

I've noticed as of late,that I was raised to view death as a bad thing and in many aspects it's all I know(or use to).

I've placed death in the same category as I do negativity,forcing me to process it as a separate entity with common linkage.

My religious beliefs further embedded in my mind that death is to be mourned and to a lesser extent celebrated.

In order for me to make sense of it all(my life wrapped up in trials and tribulations) I am trying to embrace the celebratory aspect.
I'm probably doing this to help protect myself from any misfortunes going forward.

My previous statement seems to make me feel like a hypocrite because the logical part of me knows that I can't truly prepare myself for another individuals demise(whether or not foreseeable);especially a loved one.
The emotional part needs protecting;due in part to its' fragile nature.
Plain and simple;I just don't want to hurt anymore.

It's rather difficult to erase decades of viewing death one way in a day,several weeks or even months.

I have to try though.

Death,for all intents and purposes,is to be both respected and honored....

Which is why I feel guilty for even entertaining the notion of celebration.

Respectfully
Phoenix

Last edited by Phoenix; 04-17-2012 at 02:36 AM. Reason: wording

The following user gives a hug of support to Phoenix:
slenderella (04-01-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-01-2012, 07:42 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

slenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB User
Re: Thoughts On Death

LOL, I hate that I'm the only one responding to you...hope more readers will voice their opinions here....
I am a Christian, but I'm not sure that's the only reason I feel that death should be celebrated. It would be unnatural for there to be no mourning, no grief- to have someone we've loved, die, is not easy. My Dad died just this past August of acute leukemia- it seemed like he was here one day and gone, the next.
As for myself, it sounds maudlin yet death doesn't scare me in the least. I view it more as a "homecoming". Of course I imagine that people will mourn for me, yet in time I would hope that when they think of me, it's with joy and love, and they live THEIR lives knowing that I would love them to know that I am always there, in their hearts, and only my body has left.

Sue

The following user gives a hug of support to slenderella:
Phoenix (04-17-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to slenderella For This Useful Post:
Phoenix (04-17-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread