It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Death & Dying Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2012, 01:32 PM   #1
(female)

felingalone1212 HB User
My mom is gone

I am a 26 year old female, I feel alone. Last Monday I found my mother hanging by a rope in our garage. She was battiling Bi-Polar disorder for about 30 years.
What killed her though was the passing of my Father 6 months ago. He had a heart attack.
I used to think my family was pretty normal. Nice house camper boat. I got to wear great clothes and had support.
My mom was my best friend and now she is gone. I know now that i guess we were not normal. I cant seem to get thye image out of my head of seeing her hanging there. Her tounge out how cold she was. She refused help when we begged her to go talk to someone about losing my dad. She left me and my sister and my sisters little girl. We are so disraught and i dont know how to even go on. Ive been drunk every day for the last 10 days. I have not got into either of my jobs. im drugging myself with adavan every night just to fall asleep. I cant get the image out of my head. I miss her. I love my mom and my dad and they are both gone now.

The following user gives a hug of support to felingalone1212:
dee088 (08-25-2012)
Old 08-24-2012, 01:44 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User
Re: My mom is gone

oh dear, I am so very sorry for your losses. I can't even imagine how you feel. I'm sorry your mom battled bi-polar and lost her husband also. Your mom is at peace now, whatever torment she went thru on earth is gone. Please stay close with your sister and your niece. You all need each other at this time. Please find a support group locally, maybe you can all 3 go and talk to others. It helps, but keep posting here too. Please don't turn to alcohol. It won't take the pain away, it just masks it and creates more problems.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-25-2012, 05:40 AM   #3
(female)

tinam7 HB Usertinam7 HB Usertinam7 HB Usertinam7 HB Usertinam7 HB Usertinam7 HB Usertinam7 HB Usertinam7 HB Usertinam7 HB Usertinam7 HB User

This is a terrible disaster for you and your sister. You may want to get some professional help or find a support group perhaps through a doctor or hospital before things get worse for you.

Going to work is probably your best distraction and tonic, but you'll need additional help to enable you to get there. This is a shock that will take great strength and time to try and overcome. You will get there. Be patient with yourself. Wishing you the best.

Old 08-25-2012, 08:35 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

dee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB User

I found my husband of 24 years passed away in bed. How terrible. I feel for you and sister. We all go thru mouning different. Just try to remember the good times. Good luck.

Closed Thread