It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Death & Dying Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2012, 06:15 AM   #1
(female)

Lily78 HB User
I'm scared of death

I have always been afraid of death, ever since being a little kid. I used to cry to my parents and tell them I didn't want to die. I stopped talking to them about it for over 5 years, as it went away. Now the fear has come back even worse. I find it hard to sleep at night, and when I go to bed I either don't think about it or it's all I can think about.
I want to see a professional, but I don't want to make the situation more solid (if that makes sense) I don't talk to my parents about it, not because I don't love or trust them, but I'm scared that I'll just break down and make the situation worse.
I just started to see blood in my urine, with bits of faecies and I'm scared it's bowel cancer. My fear of death will just get worse but I don't know who to talk to about it, as my family think I am on my periods but I'm not even sure. I didn't tell them about the faecies and my bloody pyjama bottoms that I hand washed in the sink. I'm scared, really scared of cancer and dying, and now I'm not just scared of death, but I'm scared that I'm going to die soon because of my bowel problem. What should I do?

The following user gives a hug of support to Lily78:
tinam7 (08-31-2012)
Old 08-31-2012, 08:22 AM   #2
(female)

tinam7 HB Usertinam7 HB Usertinam7 HB Usertinam7 HB Usertinam7 HB Usertinam7 HB Usertinam7 HB Usertinam7 HB Usertinam7 HB Usertinam7 HB User
Re: I'm scared of death

I believe you are very young and I am very sorry you are so worried. If it is at all possible, do share your findings and concerns with your mother. I highly doubt there is anything wrong physically but you may want to check with a therapist to help you with your anxiety about death. The root cause of that is perhaps your fear of life, an insecure feeling about yourself that others also have. You are not alone. There is good professional help for you.

You are too young to suffer this way. Your life is ahead of you and life can be good. It will be good for you. Hope this helps some.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-12-2013, 09:22 PM   #3
(male)

bones do HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinam7 View Post
I believe you are very young and I am very sorry you are so worried. If it is at all possible, do share your findings and concerns with your mother. I highly doubt there is anything wrong physically but you may want to check with a therapist to help you with your anxiety about death. The root cause of that is perhaps your fear of life, an insecure feeling about yourself that others also have. You are not alone. There is good professional help for you.

You are too young to suffer this way. Your life is ahead of you and life can be good. It will be good for you. Hope this helps some.
I agree with this, share these concerns with your mom/dad or both. In the very unlikely event that they are not receptive to your concerns, you can bring it up in a regular physical with your doctor as most states require a yearly school physical.

Old 02-15-2013, 06:22 PM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User

Lily,
I think its normal to be afraid of death- especially when you are young. You havent had much experience with it, or maybe someone close to you DID die, and that compounded your fear...either way, its a scary subject to broach.

So, first off, consider yourself normal and stop being so hard on yourself...ok? ITs not an easy subject to talk about or think about...

Now, that you know you are not alone and its normal- you need to get a physical. Its not normal to have blood or fecies in your urine and more than likely what you think is fecies, isnt- its probably blood clots- but again, not normal. There are very simple tests which the doctor can do which are not painful and quick- which can rule out any kind of infection- and if thats all it is, antibiotics will clear it up. Its also possible that you have some discharge going on, from your menstrual cycle, which is showing up when you pee.

At that time, I do agree, you should mention to the doctor that you have these fears. Im not sure how old you are, but is there a school counselor, or nurse whom you can also reach out to? There are groups available for people who are traumatized about this subject, which might help you.....another thing which helped ME was to volunteer in nursing homes. When I see elderly people, who are very much alive, in the activity room, making things for their friends and family- they are HAPPY. Not all elderly people are sick! I like volunteering because it teaches me quite a bit about "getting old" and although we all have to die sometime, the stories which these people tell, amaze me! Just something to think about.

I have my own chronic illness which reminds me daily that not every day will be as good as today was for me. Some days I wake up feeling all sorts of off kilter..but it passes. What I learned from this is to greet each day as a new beginning and think about what good I can do, take from the day, or pass along- not dwell on "what ifs".

Hugs to you....please seek out a medical doctor to reassure yourself that whatever is going on "down there' is normal. Ok?

Nikki

Old 06-16-2013, 09:31 AM   #5
(female)

5catjenny HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily78 View Post
I have always been afraid of death, ever since being a little kid. I used to cry to my parents and tell them I didn't want to die. I stopped talking to them about it for over 5 years, as it went away. Now the fear has come back even worse. I find it hard to sleep at night, and when I go to bed I either don't think about it or it's all I can think about.
I want to see a professional, but I don't want to make the situation more solid (if that makes sense) I don't talk to my parents about it, not because I don't love or trust them, but I'm scared that I'll just break down and make the situation worse.
I just started to see blood in my urine, with bits of faecies and I'm scared it's bowel cancer. My fear of death will just get worse but I don't know who to talk to about it, as my family think I am on my periods but I'm not even sure. I didn't tell them about the faecies and my bloody pyjama bottoms that I hand washed in the sink. I'm scared, really scared of cancer and dying, and now I'm not just scared of death, but I'm scared that I'm going to die soon because of my bowel problem. What should I do?
I was too when younger (61 now ) Every little thing was something deadly! That fear has subsided as I've gotten older. I now only fear what it feels like, the "unknown." Be assured death isn't the end, but the beginning of a new time! I didn't get that from "religion" either, rather a gut feeling.

Old 06-23-2013, 12:29 AM   #6
(male)

Manly HB User

I heard one guy say - Death is going back to the state you were, before you were born.

That said, we're only going back (in reverse) to where we were before we entered our physical bodies

Reply Reply