It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Death & Dying Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2012, 07:46 AM   #1
(female)

Rugratsmommy HB User
Post Is it the end?

My Uncle has been battling End Stage Liver Failure for a year and a half. Over the last minth hes gotten so much worse. I got word today hes confused, demensia has started, hes sleeping a lot, when hes awake he lays in a comatose state with his eyes open, hes losing control of his bodily functions and has lost his memory. Hes on 48 and has 3 kids at home and 3 that have grown up and moved out. Im really close to my Uncle and Ive tried to prepare myself but I cant. I need to know is this the end?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-20-2012, 08:57 AM   #2
(female)

zip452 HB Userzip452 HB Userzip452 HB Userzip452 HB Userzip452 HB User
Re: Is it the end?

I am sorry to hear about your uncle. By what you have written it sounds like he may be progressing to the end. I hope that your family is able to support one another and your uncle through this difficult time. I don't think that anyone is ever prepared for an illness or death of a loved one, do not be upset at yourself for feeling unprepared. You will be able to get through this, just take it one step at a time.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-20-2012, 09:05 AM   #3
(female)

Rugratsmommy HB User
Re: Is it the end?

Quote:
Originally Posted by carzy View Post
I am sorry to hear about your uncle. By what you have written it sounds like he may be progressing to the end. I hope that your family is able to support one another and your uncle through this difficult time. I don't think that anyone is ever prepared for an illness or death of a loved one, do not be upset at yourself for feeling unprepared. You will be able to get through this, just take it one step at a time.
Thank you. Hes recently been moved to ICU, had a feeding tube inserted, a central line placed on his neck and been put on oxygen. He cant walk, can barley lift his arms and has been put in restraints. His hemoglobin is really low and his bp keeps dropping to a deathly low. My family and I are doing our best to support each other and him. None of us have given up on him but we dont want to see him suffer anymore. We were told the transplant team is trying to get a meeting with the board to get approval to move him to the top of the liver transplant list, but so far it looks like the board is still going to make him wait until he attends alcohol awareness classes which hes to weak and sick to do. Its just really hard to see him suffer like this.

Reply Reply