It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Death & Dying Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-19-2012, 10:29 PM   #1
(female)

wishtobehappy HB User
Unhappy My Dad is going to die...WHAT?

I am so close to my dad. He has always been the one to get me through the rough patches. Now I find out that he is going to die soon from the cancer he has been battling. I had no idea how bad everything really was. I feel so lost. I can't lose my daddy...not now, I'm still young and have an even younger sister. I feel desperate and have no idea what to do. I try to be strong for my family, but inside I'm breaking. Help anyone?

The following user gives a hug of support to wishtobehappy:
bbroke (10-20-2012)
Old 10-20-2012, 07:38 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

noevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB User
Re: My Dad is going to die...WHAT?

so sorry to hear about your dad. I lost mine suddenly when I was about 31. its so difficult. I know if I had more time with my dad I would definitely try to spend some quality time with him whether it be looking at old pictures, listening to family stories or just lying next to him. He would be my priority if I could do it. See if there's anything special he wants to do (if he still can) or wants to eat or someone he wants to see. stuff like that. anything to make him happy and you happy. i hope I've helped, its hard talking about these things I know. Cathy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-20-2012, 09:02 PM   #3
(female)

ItsMeG HB UserItsMeG HB UserItsMeG HB User
Re: My Dad is going to die...WHAT?

I'm sorry. I lost my dad 13 years ago this week, when I was 27. I can tell you must be quite a bit younger than I was. I agree with Cathy, and try to spend as much time as you can with him. I lost my mom a few years before so my dad was my everything. He put my first bike together, he searched alone for my first car to surprise me, and I could go on and on. I had a few months knowing I was going to lose my dad once he was put on hospice for lung disease, and there were times I just didn't feel I could watch him suffer any more and I pulled back a little. It's okay to do whatever you need to do. Some days you will feel like you never want to leave his side and some days you will hurt so much it will take everything you've got to even see him for a few minutes. Please talk with him, hug him, and thank him. Be as strong as you can around him. HUGS!

Reply Reply