It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Death & Dying Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-31-2012, 04:30 AM   #1
(female)

sj05 HB User
in the dark

My husband has end stage liver disease, advanced cirrhosis not sure why. i think drinking in younger years, but he wont say. i do know he hasnt drank in over 10 yrs. he told me the other day that approx 3 yrs ago, dr said he would be lucky to live 3 yrs. not sure what that was based on, simple lab tests i think. now he is very ill. a month ago, i found him totally confused, about passed out with alot a belly fluid and feet/leg swelling. they drained 4 liters of fluid and put him on fluid pill. it has helped alittle but he still has no energy. i know hes in pain but he wont admit it. now he is urinating alot of blood. are we heading to the end ? is this what happens?

The following user gives a hug of support to sj05:
solofelix (11-11-2012)
Old 11-10-2012, 10:25 PM   #2
(female)

soulmate4ever HB User
Unhappy Re: in the dark

Sorry to hear about your husband. I too, am in the same boat. It sounds like yes,your husband's disease is progressing. My husband had all of that during the past 11 mos....gradually it gets worse.All these things you say are happening will just worsen. Along with shortness of breath, bloody stools or urine,no appetite, HUGE weight loss.I just wanted to respond because you're going through exactly what I went through and still going through. He was given 6 mos. in Jan...so he is declining very fast now. Please respond to my post if you have any questions . I would suggest you contact Hospice. They're a great help and will get him pain meds,etc.

Last edited by moderator2; 11-11-2012 at 06:50 AM.

The following user gives a hug of support to soulmate4ever:
solofelix (11-11-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-11-2012, 08:14 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User
Re: in the dark

Hi,
I just want to say to both of you that my thoughts and prayers are with you and I know exactly what you are both going through.
My father died some years ago of initially Prostrate Cancer which then spread to his bones and lungs.
To answer your question Yes both of your husbands are nearing the end and I highly recomend the nurses or whoever helps with cancer patients where you live.
These nurses are trained to help and support family of Cancer patients and do a great job.
I will pray that God will give you both peace and strength until the end.

Solofelix.

Last edited by Administrator; 02-06-2014 at 08:36 PM.

The following user gives a hug of support to solofelix:
soulmate4ever (11-11-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to solofelix For This Useful Post:
soulmate4ever (11-11-2012)
Reply Reply