It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Death & Dying Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2012, 10:27 PM   #1
(male)

Slider34 HB User
New Guy Here

Hello all, I really don't know where to begin so I guess I'll just put it out there. I am 33 years old and have been diagnosed with end stage liver disease. I am trying to stay positive but at the same time I am realistic about this. My mother died from this and I see the outcome being the same for me. Everything she went through is now beginning for me. Sleeping all the time, no energy, not eating, confusion, jaundice and mood swings. I guess another reason is that my doctors have no clue how or why. I mean the look of bewilderment on one doctor's face was not inspiring. He has referred me to a "world renowned" hepatologist in NY about treatment so I feel somewhat better. It's been a whirlwind of emotions with my family and although I love them, I can't talk to them about the possibility of me dying. I am gradually beginning to accept it but they won't discuss it with me. I chalk it up to shock. I don't know guys, am I being overly pessimistic? How do I tell my kids that I'm sick and may not be there for them? Thanks for reading, it felt good to vent a little.

Old 01-23-2013, 06:17 PM   #2
(male)

DallasStarks HB User
Re: New Guy Here

Just enjoy every moment as if it was your last. You're not being pessimistic. You're being realistic. Make peace and forgiveness you will be surprised how much weight is taken off your shoulder.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-06-2013, 10:14 PM   #3
(female)

j.p HB User
Re: New Guy Here

I am sad to read your post. Its good that you are positve about it when most of the people cant accept it. Commit your life and your family in hands of Jesus. When you feel the rite time has come, open up the subject with your family and assure them that they can once again meet again in heaven where there is no pain , sorrow,sickness , seperation. This will comfort them to some extend.

You will be in my prayers.

Take care.

Reply Reply