It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Death & Dying Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2013, 07:58 PM   #1
(female)

usue HB User
Angry Death & Dying

My husband is in the final stages of Lung Cancer, sleeping alot no engery is not eating much. Please help me "How do I stand by and watch him suffer like this and not be able to do anything for him". I am crying and so very sad all the time. I am afraid to be alone. Help please.

The following 4 users give hugs of support to: usue
ladybud (03-19-2013), MissChrissy (03-15-2013), mizrachfaith (03-22-2013), Phoenix (03-31-2013)
Old 01-20-2013, 09:25 PM   #2
(female)

LittleMissChub HB User
Re: Death & Dying

I am so sorry you are going through this. I don't really have any words of wisdom I'm afraid - I can't even begin to imagine but I wanted you to know how sorry I am

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-20-2013, 10:43 PM   #3
Inactive
(male)

Peetter123 HB User

hi,
I am really sorry to hear his and i feel sad to hear all this i can understand your situation, but i just wanted to say please have strength and courage to handle, because now all the thing are on you you have to handle them gracefully and confidently because your husband will also feel happy

Old 01-21-2013, 04:07 AM   #4
(female)

j.p HB User

I am so sorry to hear about your husband. When i read "I am afraid to be alone" that shook me. Believe me, no one is alone in this world as long as Jesus lives. Invite him to your heart and home. Say HIM all your heart aches and the pain you and your husband is going through now. Commit your husband in HIS safe arms. He doesnt guareente a pain/worry free life. But you will get your eternal joy when you commit yourself to HIM.

My mother was all alone in a newly built huge house when my dad passed away unexpectedly. He had a perfect health. He was young. No one could even imagine that he would pass away so soon. When my mom started inviting Jesus, her life got totally changed. All her emptiness is filled by HIS glorious persence. I can feel that presence when ever i go to that house.

You will be in my prayers dear.

Old 01-22-2013, 06:03 AM   #5
(female)

usue HB User

Thank you for your kind words

Old 03-19-2013, 10:48 PM   #6
(female)

Shorthandsassy HB User

I am sorry for what you are going through. Has anyone talked to you about getting hospice care for your husband. Not only will they help keep him comfortable and manage his pain, they will also provide help and support for you during this most difficult time.

Old 03-19-2013, 11:02 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User

Hospice is a wonderful resource for both patient and family. They provide much needed information about what to expect, how you can help him, pain relief, suggestions regarding food, and emotional support to all. Your Dr can order their service if you don't have them involved yet. They come to your home and there are no fees. Even though you may feel you can't do much for him, the simple things you do are providing nourishment, comfort and strength. Just rubbing his back or fixing a food that sounds good to him, sitting with him so he is not alone, reading to him, all can provide comfort and help the time pass. You also need a break and time to care for yourself, so try to get other family members to pitch in and give you some time off when you need a break. This is the most difficult thing in life to face, for both of you. Just being kind and loving will help him immensely.

Old 03-20-2013, 08:15 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

I was also going to suggest hospice. If he's in hospice they make sure he doesn't suffer. I'm sorry you're going thru this

Old 03-21-2013, 12:10 PM   #9
(female)

Donatelife HB User

Im so sorry you have to got through this... While you have this time, remind him of all the happy times-- and say everything you've ever wanted to say. Thank him for always being there and making you so happy...Make this a special time for you and him. Also pray together-- Take care..sending hugs your way

Old 03-22-2013, 02:59 AM   #10
(female)

mizrachfaith HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by usue View Post
My husband is in the final stages of Lung Cancer, sleeping alot no engery is not eating much. Please help me "How do I stand by and watch him suffer like this and not be able to do anything for him". I am crying and so very sad all the time. I am afraid to be alone. Help please.
Pray. I guess that's the only advice I can give you. There are some things that are inevitable and one of them is death. We can't control death, but our response to it is always our responsibility- the one that we can control.

Praying for you and your hubby.

Reply Reply