It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Death & Dying Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2013, 06:51 PM   #1
(female)

Katjadid HB User
My sister is in End Stage 68 yrs old.

I am concerned about my sister, she is only 75 lbs and lives alone . She will not come and stay with me as she still smokes and knows I don't. She has HOSPICE home care and they have just sent her morphine this week. She is just now complaining about her legs feel like they are on fire. What does this mean?

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: Katjadid
Phoenix (03-31-2013), sadgirl74 (03-27-2013)
Old 03-11-2013, 02:48 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
Re: My sister is in End Stage 68 yrs old.

Im really sorry to hear of what you and your sister are enduring, its a tough time.
Hopsice, will only let someone live alone who is capable of taking care of their basic needs; when the time comes when your sister is no longer able to do so, they will sit down with her (and probably you) and tell her why she either needs to have someone move in, go move in with someone, or hire a home health aide who is there 24 hours a day. Hospice isnt allowed to provide 24 hour care...

Which is the good news, it means that in their eyes, she is still capable of living her life by herself overall.....to us, its not the same quality of life we are used to seeing, but they are a good judge of when the time has come to need more help.

Your sister may not want to live with you for a myriad of reasons. She doesnt want to be a burden, doesnt want you to see her in this condition. Her legs bothering her, are pains which are normally related to muscle atrophy. She isnt getting around as much as she did, and the morphine which hospice has ordered is to help relieve that pain. Its a normal stage of end stage Ca dx.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-27-2013, 10:44 PM   #3
(female)

sadgirl74 HB Usersadgirl74 HB User
Re: My sister is in End Stage 68 yrs old.

HUGS sad situation to be in

Reply Reply