It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Degenerative Diseases Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2011, 05:56 PM   #1
(male)

sbbs99 HB User
Hypolordosis, Osteoarthiritis, and Disc Degeneration

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi All, will keep it brief and need advice from experiences and experts:

1. I have numbness and tingling in my left finger that has been going on for past two years now. Did several therapies, NCV tests and confirmed that I have ulnar nerve entrapment issues. at some point I started to see same symptioms in right hand too. Dorctor advised for surgery but I believe it cant be that both elbows went bad, I had no accident.

2. I have had some numbness/stiffness on my left upper back for sometime that comes and goes. Recently I had a very pinching pain that forced me to go see a Chiropractor. Chiropractor took X-rays and then concluded that some of my vertebrae were misaligned and it could be pincing the nerve now so we went for some spinal adjusting and it resolved the pain, however per Chiropractor the treatment needs to continue for few weeks to get full alignment.

However, detailed report presented by Chiropractor shows the following:

a. Hypolordosis of cervical spine. Mild degeneration at C4, C5, and C6. Osteoplyte visualized at the anterior portion of C5. Mild disc thinning at C4/C5, C5/C6, andL5/S1. Using Gonstead's X-ray analysis protocol, the patient ahs following Gonstead listings C3 PLS, C6 PRS, T1 PRS, T4 PLI, T8 PLI, T11 PLI, Sacrum PL, and left illium PL

b. Signs of Osteoarthiritis and disc degeneration at C4/C5, C5/C6, and L5/S1

His recommendations:

1. Specific chiropractic adjustments to remove vertebral restrictions to improve the biomechanics of spine,

2. Cervical pillow to aid in resporing the normal cervical curve which is between 35 and 45 degrees.

Now my question to experts is what do I do here? All this is without MRI or CT scan. Per the doctor, he seems to think that my ulnar nerve issues most probably are also the result of these findings.

Any information or help in understanding this would greatly help. Is Chiropractor the right person here?

Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread