It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Degenerative Diseases Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-31-2011, 10:21 PM   #1
(female)

tweetyfeety HB User
Question DDD/nerve problems

I've had 35 years at a job where I keep aggravating my already bad back(heavy lifting). If I'm careful I can manage, but after many painful episodes (usually a few a yr where I'm incapacitated), I now am having a lot of tingling in my legs & feet. It used to be only if I sat down for an extended amount of time; the past several weeks the tingling is present much of the day. I'm on a monthly maintenance program at Physical Therapy. I'm doing the stretches daily, but feel no long-term relief and am feeling really desperate. I feel so much better after PT, but as soon as I'm not moving , I stiffen up so much! I'm 54 and move worse than some people I know who are in their 80s. When I had to deal with a worker's comp Dr about 5 years ago, he pretty much dismissed me with a DDD diagnosis after reading my MRI. I don't know in he was just trying to protect the employer from any liability, or if the MRI truely didn't amount to much, as I doon't understand it. I'm now getting worried that the nerve tingling will end as permanent damage;any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Old 06-01-2011, 04:42 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

angelwings54 HB Userangelwings54 HB Userangelwings54 HB Userangelwings54 HB Userangelwings54 HB Userangelwings54 HB User
Re: DDD/nerve problems

Yes, it does sound like you have a disk pressing on the nerve. I had the same thing in my hands at work as I've done computer secretarial work since I was 18. I had a c6 & c7 and my neck is still hurting bad, tingling down leg they go numb hands hurt wrist hurt and I'm waiting on a SSDI hearing. I would get a second opinion. Mine was a workcomp case and I settled and waiting on a SSDI hearing. ----Hugs---

The Following User Says Thank You to angelwings54 For This Useful Post:
tweetyfeety (06-01-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-01-2011, 08:21 PM   #3
(female)

tweetyfeety HB User
Re: DDD/nerve problems

Thank you Angelwings54- hope now that you're not doing that job you start feeling better. I wish I could use my skills without having to change from a job I enjoy, just to quit abusing my body! Good luck to you

Closed Thread

Tags
arthirits, bulged disc, disc degeneration, lower back pain, nerve damage