It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Degenerative Diseases Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2011, 10:27 AM   #1
(female)

sirbaron HB User
Help...neck pain...mri results

Hi! Im in pain and need advice from others who may have the same or similar condition.

I went for an MRI and have my results...they are as follows:

C4-C5 - there is a broad-based postier disc protrusion approximating the ventral cord, leading to mild canal stenosis. The foramina remain open.

C5-C6, there are bilateral disc-osteophyte complexes leading to moderate to marked left foraminal stenosis. Broad based posterior disc bulging and endplate lipping touches the ventral cord leading to mild canal stenosis but no myelomalacia.

C6-C7, there is a left-sided disc-osteophyte complex leading to moderate to marked left foraminal stenosis. Broad based disc protrusion indents the ventral thecal sac, not leading to central canal stenosis. There is mild right foraminal narrowing due to disc-osteophyte complex.

My Dr. wants me to either go to physical therapy or go see a neorologist (?). I chose PT but then decided to see a Chiropractor who has VAX-D. I had 2 adjustments with him and felt good but only for a day and of course back to him. He stated VAX-D is a very wise option for me due to the fact that part of my problem is due to degenerative issues. Now I have not had anyone actually read the results to other than to tell me I have protrusions/bulges hitting my spinal cord so I dont know what my best options are.

I guess my questions are: Can anyone tell me are these issues degenerative? What options do I really have and or can the issues heal themselves? I was not in an accident but was doing a lot of heavy repetitive lifting.

I have a lot of symptoms from pains in neck, back, shoulders, arms, finger tingling , headaches, dizziness, muscle pains. It hurts to put my chin to my chest and to tilt backwards... My chest feels weird and my sinuses are a mess. Now I have allergies but not this bad. I'm miserable, I take pain pills (which help a bit) and I sleep on ice packs. HELP PLEASE!!!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-08-2011, 05:20 PM   #2
(male)

Frederick123 HB UserFrederick123 HB UserFrederick123 HB User
Re: Help...neck pain...mri results

To put it bluntly--- yes! I'm not a doctor and I've not stayed in any hotels lately but, the last I knew bone spurs don't usually go away by themselves. In my opinion the neuro could probably help you more than the chiro.
Good luck and welcome to the wonderful world of pain.

Closed Thread