It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Degenerative Diseases Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-28-2012, 01:49 AM   #1
(female)

natsta HB User
Exclamation 22y/o & Reduced L5/S1 disc and may have minor degenerative disc disease... HELP!!!

Hi, I am 22 years old and i just recently found out that my L5/S1 disc is slightly reduced and i may have minor degenerative disc disease . I have been to the doctors several times and they all say they same thing, they dont really explain whats going on, whats going to happen, and what it means for my future. Im quite worried about it, trying not to be... My nan has bad back aches all the time, she has osteoarthritis and im wondering if its genetic. I plan to have a baby in the near future and want to know the risks of that with the way my back is now. Im also worried that if my back is sore now, then what is it going to be like when im 30/40/50... I need more information about this... Ive been told to take chonroltin sulphate + glucosamine, apparently thats supposed to help...

Please someone get back to me and help me out cause i really need it...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-03-2012, 08:25 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

teteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB User
Re: 22y/o & Reduced L5/S1 disc and may have minor degenerative disc disease... HELP!!

I read your post on Hero's thread and responded to you there.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-18-2012, 05:16 PM   #3
(female)

krstn1985 HB User
Re: 22y/o & Reduced L5/S1 disc and may have minor degenerative disc disease... HELP!!

I am at 27 year old mother of 2 and have had DDD with my L5/S1 gone since i was 17. I have been on and off pain meds since i was told that i have this. Physical Thearapy is about the only thing besides pain meds that has helps me. I have just learned to live with my pain because every time i go to an ortho doc they tell me the same thing they cant do much because I am so young. if they did surgery now then in ten years surgery again. I have been told that ddd can be heritary. just take it easy when u do decide to have a baby and good luck!!

Reply Reply

Tags
degenerative disc disease, degenerative disc pain, osteoarthiritis, osteoarthritis, young adult