It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Degenerative Diseases Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-31-2012, 01:04 AM   #1
(female)

lanvan HB User
Question help : disability to move left arm after C3-4 & C4-5 implant

End of June this year, my brother, 38 years, got discoid implant C3-4 and C4-5. Right after the surgery, he can not move his left arm. At first, the doctor said that it was caused by surgery trauma and can be healed by physiotherapy. But after one month, it is getting worse, and he went to get another mri.

Here is the MRI result :
1. C3-5 : visible indentation of the anterior thecal sac. normal disc. Not visible any foraminal stenosis.
2. Currently visible presence of joint effusion in the left poster lateral. Visible pressure on traversing nerve root CS left.
3. Bulging disc C5-6 to paramedian right-left (left -> right) causes moderate foraminal stenosis bilateral (left -> right)
4. MR myelography: cerebro spinal liquor flow obstacle at the level of C5-6

He has gone for second opinion to another doctor and has been advised to get another surgery, as the doctor found that there is a pressure of the implant that caused the disability to move the left arm. Surgery is much recommended before it will be worsen and too late to be healed. The objection of the surgery is to removed the current implant (the flexible type) and replace it with the inflexible type, which will be drilled into the bone.
Please help, as we are now very confused, is he really needed another surgery? Thank you very much.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply