It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2003, 09:50 PM   #1

Davis81387 HB User
Wisdom Teeth Extraction

I had my wisdom teeth extracted (all 4) about one week ago and the right side seems to be healing fine but the left side is STILL swollen. my cheek has a swollen area that feels like a lump pressing up against my gum which is causing slight pain. All the other swelling in my mouth went down so I dont understand why this one cheek stays swollen. I followed all the directions my dentist gave me such as rinsing with warm salt water 2-3 times per day, using the cold compresses during the first 24 hours after surgery, and everything else. Has anyone experienced this and could tell me what this might be or how I can get rid of the swelling? Also does anyone know how long it will take for the sockets to close up so food wont keep getting down in there or will they ever completely close up at all? Somebody please give me some advice. THANKS

Last edited by Davis81387; 12-29-2003 at 09:52 PM.

Old 01-02-2004, 12:34 PM   #2
(female)

gurl HB User
Re: Wisdom Teeth Extraction

hi!
i hope this helps..but first i would lke to ask you that why did you ahve your wisdom teeth extracted?i have both of my wisdom teeth extracted only because the roots were curvy..i had the right hand side out on 15th DEc and the left one out yesterday!i'm also following his instructions like washing y mouth with salty water and i am also tkaing antibiotics..the swelling will take about 3-4 days maximum and the best thing for swellnng is to wash your mouth ith a bit hot and salty water about evry 2 hours.I have been doing that and my face..well it still does seem like a football and i have difficulty in opening my mouth but after washing my mouth with hot water i feel a bit better.As for the food that does stuck in the hole try to take it out with a tooth pick or else go to your dentist.I did cuz it hurt when i used the toothpick.Try to keep your mouth clean...brush twice a day and my personal advice is that try not to eat very crunchy stuff right now..let it heal up a bit and then after4-5 days you can eat normally form the other side aswell!!I don't know how did you have all four teeth taken out ..It is a very barve thing to do!!!please reply and let me know if i can be of more help!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-02-2004, 08:43 PM   #3

Davis81387 HB User

I had to get all four of my wisdom teeth taken out because the lower one on the left side was causing me pain. Since I am 16 years old, my dentist suggested I go ahead and get all four taken out at once because the others would probably bother me later in life and he said I would be fine. I got all four extracted on the 23rd of Dec and all the swelling has gone down except for the lump in my cheek. I returned to the dentist on the 29th and my dentist said it was just swelling and he stuffed the socket with cotton that has medicene on it which not to mention tasted horrible! The cotton did nothing but numb the area where the lump is but it's still there!!! I don't know what it is or why it got this way but I have another appointment for the 5th. He said I should come back and he'd re-stuff the hole with the cotton. I want an explanation for the lump and what I can be given for it to go away or if I need surgery or what but it seems like he's beating around the bush. I'm going to demand an explanation when I go back. But as far as the rest of my mouth it's doing fine.....On the right bottom side there is a sharp place I can feel with my tongue but I guess it's bone or something. Thanks for the reply. Seems like nobody else is replying to me.

Last edited by Davis81387; 01-02-2004 at 08:45 PM.

Old 01-03-2004, 12:17 PM   #4
(female)

gurl HB User

yeah i guess u should be going back to the dentist for your appointment and do ask him about your lump and another thing..my swelling has reduced quite a lot and he has also given me some medicine only for the swelling..so it is healing and i am feelin and looking much better than yesterday!I hope everything goes well!!good luck!

Closed Thread