It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2004, 09:49 AM   #1

bigheadache HB User
infected tooth?

Ok I have had a tooth pain for years and I have also had a number of symptoms for the past 6 years. I am wondering if theres a chance that my tooth is infected/cracked/dead/cavity? My first dentist looked at it and said theres no cavity so theres nothing wrong. Some of my symptoms are: Headaches around my eyes,temples,face,neck and head. Lightheadedness or brain fog, depression, anxiety, weakness or fatigue, sinus problems and allergies, posture problems, bacnk aches and pains, tooth pain, weight gain problems, breathing problems, lazy eye, low sex drive, fullness in the ears, low grade fever. These are some of my stronger symptoms. Does anyone think they could be related to a damaged tooth?

Old 01-02-2004, 10:09 PM   #2

tryingtofeelgood HB User
Re: infected tooth?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigheadache
Ok I have had a tooth pain for years and I have also had a number of symptoms for the past 6 years. I am wondering if theres a chance that my tooth is infected/cracked/dead/cavity? My first dentist looked at it and said theres no cavity so theres nothing wrong. Some of my symptoms are: Headaches around my eyes,temples,face,neck and head. Lightheadedness or brain fog, depression, anxiety, weakness or fatigue, sinus problems and allergies, posture problems, bacnk aches and pains, tooth pain, weight gain problems, breathing problems, lazy eye, low sex drive, fullness in the ears, low grade fever. These are some of my stronger symptoms. Does anyone think they could be related to a damaged tooth?

sorry about all your symptoms and hope you find an answer. did you notice the pain started after something was done to the tooth by a dentist? how did it start exactly. yes, a lot of things can happen to the body from teeth being worked on, infected, etc. have you had any blood tests done. i am sure you are being seen by a medical doctor for this? i would suggest a CBC - white blood count, SED rate - also C REACTIVE PROTEIN test. get tested for EVERYTHING. tell them to LOOK for an infection in the jaw area. Did you have any teeth pulled? I am NOT a doctor, just trying to help figure out your next step or perhaps you overlooked something.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-03-2004, 07:49 AM   #3

bigheadache HB User
Re: infected tooth?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryingtofeelgood
sorry about all your symptoms and hope you find an answer. did you notice the pain started after something was done to the tooth by a dentist? how did it start exactly. yes, a lot of things can happen to the body from teeth being worked on, infected, etc. have you had any blood tests done. i am sure you are being seen by a medical doctor for this? i would suggest a CBC - white blood count, SED rate - also C REACTIVE PROTEIN test. get tested for EVERYTHING. tell them to LOOK for an infection in the jaw area. Did you have any teeth pulled? I am NOT a doctor, just trying to help figure out your next step or perhaps you overlooked something.

No work was done on the tooth. I didnt even notice when the pain started exactly. I have had CBC done but I dont think SED or C reactive protein test. I also lost one of my front teeth a little bit before my headaches started. I am not sure how this could affect my headaches though. How would they go about looking for an infection?

Closed Thread