It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2004, 06:37 PM   #1

B.Bach HB User
Red face Soft relines

Finally got my first soft reline today(the stuff was on backorder when iw as supposed to go the first time).My dentures feel much better now,not as tight as with fixodent but comfortable and its nice to take a break from gluing my mouth.
Couple of questions tho for any other denture wearers-
1-Can i still soak them in polident at night or will it make the reline material wear off faster?

2-Is it ok to use adhesive-ie fixodent or will it pull the reline material off when cleaned?(I may need adhesive on my lower -not too sur eyet i 've only eaten once since reline and it slipped twice.)

Also I wanted to thank Yos and everyone else that posts here and has helped me get thru this ordeal.I remeber when i still had bad teeth and lurking on this board ,reading about how wonderful it is to smile again etc.I remember being scared and skeptical and nervous about the whole thing.But i gotta say -in the end it all worked out I love being able to smile again and going out in public without worrying about ppl seeing my mouth etc.anyways thx everyone for sharing your experiences and for your support.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-06-2004, 09:02 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Sandybeech HB UserSandybeech HB UserSandybeech HB UserSandybeech HB User
Re: Soft relines

I was able to soak my dentures overnight without a problem. It might be a good idea to ask the dentist though. As far as using adhesive- again- ask the dentist. I was cautioned against it for fear of pulling the liner out. It takes time to teach the muscles in your mouth about keeping the dentures in place.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-06-2004, 11:06 PM   #3

TarballGunzip HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandybeech
I was able to soak my dentures overnight without a problem. It might be a good idea to ask the dentist though. As far as using adhesive- again- ask the dentist. I was cautioned against it for fear of pulling the liner out. It takes time to teach the muscles in your mouth about keeping the dentures in place.

As a former Dental Technician, I can tell you IF you need a reline, it is time for a new pair of Dentures.

DON't soak them, don't polygrip them. IF your newly relined denture needs polygrip, GO back to the DDS, INSIST on a new denture reline, because that reline was done improperly, it should fit snug as a bug ina rug, and THAT is what you paid for!
Tar Gz

Old 01-07-2004, 05:02 AM   #4

Yos HB User

Tar,

With all due respect your advice is premature. BBach only just had his extractions done and immediates put in. His jaw and gums still have a few months of resorbing to do. He'll probably need another soft reline or two before he's ready for a hard reline or new Permanent dentures. Your advice would certainly be valid at that time.

BBach,

It's good to hear things are going well so far still I used the "5 minute" soak in the morning vs the "overnight" version and brushed with soap and water. It kept any staining at bay and didn't seem to harm the liner. It seems that the longer the liner is in the tougher it is to get out so using glue later rather than sooner would be prudent. The dentures should fit well enough for a few weeks without the need for glue. You'll probably need another liner in 4 to 8 weeks so try to hold off on the glue until the dentures become loose again. If the liner comes out stuck to the glue instead of the denture you'll have to go in and get another put in but you'ld be close to needing another one again anyway I hope things keep going well for you. Good luck!

Yos

Closed Thread