It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2004, 12:03 PM   #1

SnJmom HB User
Question HI , I am new and have a denture question

HI , I am new here and i have a few question, But first let me explain whats going on , I am going Monday to the dentist and I beleive I am going to go ahead and ask dentist about getting the remaining teeth i have pulled and getting dentures, I am 35 yrs old woman , Who used to have really pretty straight(wore braces) , thought to be heathy teeth until i got pregnant with my first child, And before the fifth month i had Two teethe break off at the gum line. Ever since i have had more teeth break and have had almost all my back teeth pulled. I have spent so much money on dentist trying to save my teeth but after the root canals i usually end up looseing teeth anyway, I dont know what to do , I know i am sick of going through all this with my teethe and right now i have a upper partial . I am wondering has anyone ever had this problem with teeth just breaking off like this, What did you do ? I think i am makeing the right desicion. My teethe are really bothering me and i just want to try and get this done so i dont have to hurt again,i can tell its comeing , i have like 3 teethe on top one front and 2 on the right side beside front toothe that look really bad at gum line, I brush my teethe everyday and i dont understand this, I havent had the money in last few yrs though to go to dentist, Just some personal and finacial problems. Can anyone give me any input as to what they have had done. How much it may cost to get the remaing 14 teethe i have pulled and a full set of dentures, I would really appreciate it. thanks so much for your time , I will wait for some replys , Hope you all are haveing a good day. [FONT=Book Antiqua]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-09-2004, 08:12 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Sandybeech HB UserSandybeech HB UserSandybeech HB UserSandybeech HB User
Re: HI , I am new and have a denture question

I was 35 and lost all of my teeth due to pregnancy complications. If you have other options- look at them first!
The cost of extractions and installation of dentures varies but location and level of service offered. Get a second opinion and if dentures are in your future- ask someone who has them if they are happy with the dentures and if so- who made them. Not all dentists are skilled at fitting dentures. Good luck.

Old 01-10-2004, 06:01 PM   #3

mysticvenus HB User
Re: HI , I am new and have a denture question

I had the same problem. All of my teeth starting chipping and breaking off after the birth of my last child. After two years of soul searching and the embarassment of really ugly chipped and broken teeth, I had my remaining 26 teeth pulled and immediate dentures put in. The immediate dentures were fairly reasonable and I have to admit the oral surgeon cost me $3300.00 for the extractions. Before I even chose a dentist, I called some dental labs in the area and asked them for a recommendation of a dentist that they worked with that they thought did a good job. They gave me three names. I called all of them and picked one. He has been excellent!!. I know that you will make the decision that is right for you. Talk to your dentist about your options. Dentures take alot of adjustment and there are some mental issues that you have to overcome such as the loss of your teeth, etc. Read other posts here and you will gain more insight on the mental issues that us newbie denture wearers are going through. Keep us posted as to what you decide to do. I would really love to hear how it comes out.

Closed Thread