It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2004, 05:59 AM   #1

PrimalSympathy HB User
Question Canker Sores

Does anyone know why my boyfriend gets constant and painful canker sores? He says hes been like this for many years. He doesn't have dental insurance so I doubt hes discussed it with a dentist lately.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-31-2004, 07:38 PM   #2

terbear83 HB User
Re: Canker Sores

Getting canker sores can be hereditary. I get them from time to time. The best thing to do is rinse with warm salt water a couple of times each day. That helps to clean them out and heal faster.

But he should go to the doctor to be sure they are truly canker sores and not anything else (like herpes)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-06-2004, 06:26 PM   #3
(male)

LANE HB User

ok man, its time you learned the best kept secret in canker sores. i suffered with the $*#@ things almost constantly, one would go away, only to have another show up. i talked to dentists who were no help. i finally did a little research and found a product that rocks. no canker sores since. i dont know what is causing your problem, but mine was caused by sodium laurl sulfate.(SLS) this is the foaming agent in shampoo, toothpaste, soap, dish detergent etc,etc.. anyway this is an acidic ingrediant and it was damaging the insides of my mouth, causing canker sores. the answer to all my problems was a simple change in toothpaste. i use biotene brand. i buy it at my local target store, but most pharmacys have it behind the counter. no RX is needed and it isnt too expensive. about 5.00 a tube, but if it makes my sores go away, and stay gone, its worth much more. i can understand what you are going through, so try this remedy. go through about 2 or 3 tubes (NO REGULAR TOOTHPASTE AT ALL) this will allow the inside tissue of the mouth to rebuild itself without the SLS stopping it. i can almost assure you this will work, it deffinatly doesnt hurt. i hope this helps. lane

Last edited by LANE; 02-06-2004 at 06:27 PM.

Old 02-25-2004, 12:47 PM   #4
Inactive

lammys HB User

In November I had my lower wisdom teeth removed. Approximately one month after the extraction I discovered a small pimple in the "hinge" area of my gums. (where you usually get novicane injected). The pimple like bump sometimes shows up when I first wake up, and other times it will appear in the middle of the day, in either scenario the bump lasts for only a few hours before going away. The arrival of the bump is very inconsistent and tends to appear every couple of weeks. Could this be a canker sore or could this be related to my wisdom teeth extraction?

Closed Thread