It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2004, 02:07 AM   #1
Senior Veteran

littleone314 HB User
Question I know this has been asked before but

I'm 18 and one of my top teeth is loose. I have a small overbite but nothing huge. I grind my teeth at night. What could cause this to be so loose? Some morning it's looser than other's. Then some mornings it isn't loose at all. I'm scared it's just going to fall out! Would it just fall out?

Old 01-19-2004, 08:36 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Laura B HB User
Re: I know this has been asked before but

Little One, I don't know why your tooth is loose. You say some mornings it isn't loose at all? So I doubt if it actually is loose, I don't think a tooth goes does back and forth being loose and not loose within days. Maybe because you worry about it you imagen it is loose. I can tell you one thing though, it is not just going to fall out. I had a very loose tooth last year and it had to be pulled because it was so loose and the dentist still had to work hard on it to get it out. Maybe you should go to the dentist and find out if it really is loose, if it is, there is something they can do. Mine was so loose it actually could be moved back and forth, therefore it had to come out.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-19-2004, 11:01 AM   #3

rrrich7 HB User
Re: I know this has been asked before but

Hey littleone. Glad you wrote and asked about your tooth. It can be scary when things are going wrong.

The tooth could be loose for any number of reasons. A dentist could help you figure it out much better than I could. Can you get to one?

From what I understand, teeth are "rooted" pretty firmly in the gums. The roots extend quite far up. I know, because I've had a root canal!

A dentist can help you also with something to help protect your teeth from grinding. I've had this problem also, and the dental guard they made for me helped a lot.

Write back and let us all know how you make out. Good luck!

Closed Thread