It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2004, 07:00 AM   #1
(female)

ugly HB User
Has anyone ever tried Britesmile whitening?

If so, did you have good results? I have rather yellow teeth and am considering having it done.

Old 01-21-2004, 03:44 PM   #2
(female)

db2kp HB User
Re: Has anyone ever tried Britesmile whitening?

I've heard great things about Brite Smile!
The nice thing about it is there is very little or no sensitivity afterwards.
Do you have staining/yellowing from anything other than age, smoking, coffee drinking etc...
We've been discussing tetracycline stained teeth..that's why I ask. If you have this problem, look at that post.

Smile!
db

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-11-2004, 01:24 PM   #3

kelker11 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by db2kp
I've heard great things about Brite Smile!
The nice thing about it is there is very little or no sensitivity afterwards.
Do you have staining/yellowing from anything other than age, smoking, coffee drinking etc...
We've been discussing tetracycline stained teeth..that's why I ask. If you have this problem, look at that post.

Smile!
db

Hi

Yes, I just had Brite Smile done about three weeks ago. So as I tell you about it, remember that this is MY experience only.

The price was $600 and my dentist had given me a $100 off coupon. So my total was $500, paid in advance. I had to sign a release stating that I knew the results may not be what I was expecting, but since 'white teeth' could not be guaranteed in everyone, they (the dentist and Brite Smile) could not be held accountable.

So when you go in, they have you brush your teeth with a special tooth paste, and then the torture begins The first thing they did was lay me down flat on my back, stuff my cheeks (upper and lower) with cotton, and then put this stuff (that looked like plastic) across my gums on the top and bottom--this was to protect my gums from the bleaching solution. Then they stuck this bar inbetween my teeth to hold my teeth apart (since I have an overbite and if closed, my top teeth cover my bottom teeth). Once they had everything in place, they sat me up...and the gagging began. I almost threw up. Finally, we all realized I'd deal better with this flat on my back...and that's where I stayed throughout the bleaching.

Well call me silly, but for $500 I was expecting ALL my teeth to get bleached. But no, they only do the front teeth (about 4 back on each side). They have a bleaching solution they rub on the teeth, then they set a special light on the teeth, which stays for about 20 minutes...this is repeated 3 times, for a total of one hour of bleaching.

Where my teeth whiter? Yes, I could tell a difference. Did anyone...and I mean ANYONE else notice I had bleached my teeth? No, not one single person.

The dentist had this color chart (made up of plastic teeth). According to him, my teeth had lightened eight shades. But, when he was out of the room, I picked up the original shade he said my teeth were, and compared it, side by side, to the shade he said they were lightened too...and there was barely any difference at all (if they hadn't been labeled with different letters and numbers, I would have thought they were the same color)!

For me, the problems that I saw was that my teeth didn't bleach evenly. I originally had a darker stain at the gum line, and even though that did lighten, its still darker than the top of tooth. In addition, both of my top front teeth have a yellow stain on the tips of the teeth. Very noticible.

As I said, I can tell a difference, though a minor one. But for the cost, I wouldn't have it done again. If I knew then, what I know now, I would never have paid for it.

I will say, if your teeth are just yellowish...but even in color from top to bottom, you'll probably get better results than I did. Apparently it doesn't work as well on unevenly stained teeth.

One more note...I had purchased a Sonic Care toothbrush about 3 months before I had the bleaching done. Truthfully, that toothbrush whitened my teeth more than anything I've ever tried. And that includes, Rembrandt whitening, Colgate, anything over the counter. Its much cheaper than Brite Smile, and I can tell you, it works better than the bleaching did.

Di

Old 02-15-2004, 08:41 AM   #4

Snowbunnie HB User
Lightbulb Re: Has anyone ever tried Britesmile whitening?

Hi there. I have been looking into britesmile as well as a few others. I know britesmile has a money back gurantee where most of the others dont, so I feel theres nothing to lose if you are able to afford this procedure. My dentist told me yellow teeth work way better with this as most gray teeth wont lighten up much.. hope that helps!

Old 02-17-2004, 10:41 PM   #5

kelker11 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowbunnie
I know britesmile has a money back gurantee where most of the others dont, so I feel theres nothing to lose if you are able to afford this procedure.

If your dentist is offering a money back guarantee, that's a miracle! Because I had to sign a release waver saying that I knew up front that the results of Britesmile could NOT be guaranteed. The document was a Britesmile document, it had their logo at the top, not my dentists.

Old 02-18-2004, 06:02 PM   #6

Snowbunnie HB User

it was actually from britesmile.. i called them and they said they have a gurantee if u arent happy they will do it again and it should be on their website... maybe you can get another session for free?

Closed Thread