It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2004, 12:56 PM   #1

SnJmom HB User
Had all my teethe pulled yesterday

Hello , I just wanted to let the people who responded to my post in the past know that I went yesterday and had all my teethe pulled, Yesterday was bad, I cried alot but once he let me take more pain meds it was much better. I got the immediate denture, Which is going to definately take some getting used too , I think my teethe before were a lil longer, HE said he could change that if i want, I am supposed to go back monday, So he can take them out, My bottoms got loose and did fall out when i was rinseing my mouth this morning, It felt so weird my bottom lip hitting the gum. But I think i was ecpectiong it to be alot worse, It really hasnt been to bad, (the feeling of them ) I guess haveing a partial did help me know that it would feel weird. Well I am going back to lay down , Just wanted to post and let you know what has beem going on, Hope you all are good, Talk to you later, Byeeeee.

Old 01-23-2004, 01:19 PM   #2

mysticvenus HB User
Re: Had all my teethe pulled yesterday

Dear SnJ:

Well, the hard part is over. Getting through that first day is really the hardest. Now it is just a matter of giving yourself time to heal. Don't get down if you find you can't eat what you want for awhile, it gets better and that first taste again of a food that you have been craving is heaven. I'm six weeks post removal of all my teeth and placement of immediate dentures. Just be patient, I know how hard that can be. Just think about your beautiful new smile. Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-23-2004, 02:09 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Sandybeech HB UserSandybeech HB UserSandybeech HB UserSandybeech HB User

Yes, the worst is over. You will have pain but there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Make sure you do keep your nutrition level up- ensure, yogurt, soup, ice cream all will help soothe the sore spots and will keep you nourished. Also get plenty of rest. Take your pain pills as you need them and rinse often with warm salt water. Didn't you mention in one post that you were keep two teeth on the bottom to secure the denture to- did this happen? Keep in touch, we are all thinking about you.

Old 01-24-2004, 06:27 AM   #4

kimmers37 HB User
Wink Re: Had all my teethe pulled yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnJmom
Hello , I just wanted to let the people who responded to my post in the past know that I went yesterday and had all my teethe pulled, Yesterday was bad, I cried alot but once he let me take more pain meds it was much better. I got the immediate denture, Which is going to definately take some getting used too , I think my teethe before were a lil longer, HE said he could change that if i want, I am supposed to go back monday, So he can take them out, My bottoms got loose and did fall out when i was rinseing my mouth this morning, It felt so weird my bottom lip hitting the gum. But I think i was ecpectiong it to be alot worse, It really hasnt been to bad, (the feeling of them ) I guess haveing a partial did help me know that it would feel weird. Well I am going back to lay down , Just wanted to post and let you know what has beem going on, Hope you all are good, Talk to you later, Byeeeee.
Hi:
I honestly can tell you I know how you feel.I had 14 lower teeth extracted Wednesday.My uppers were extracted in November.My Dentist will not fit me for uppers until hit can do the lowers as well( which is about 4 more weeks) It really sucks! My extractions went pretty well....I am not in alot of pain just pretty sore( had the entire bottom stiched have to go back in a week to have the stitches removed).I took 5 days off of work but am terrified of going back.I am very self conscious and sound funny talking. I hate it! Please keep me posted on your progress. I am in need of some serious support right now. Good Luck! Kim

Old 01-25-2004, 05:22 AM   #5

SnJmom HB User

Hello yall , It is sunday , yesterday was soooo bad, I was nausias and the pain was horrible i wanted to just pull these things out but i didnt Ughh, I have some questions for yall if you dont mind .
1. the teethe look good but there a lil small when i smile the gum shows and i look like i have horse teethe , would yall ask them to make teethe in front bigger, I dont want to seem petty about all this but there is some things that are bothering me, Also the color of the gums, My gums were really pink these gums on my dentures are a grayish pink,Would it be wrong to have them make them pinker?
2. Ok about the pain, When will this get better, I think i may be grinding my teethe and makeing my gums sorer , I dont know why i am doing it so bad but it woke me up friday and i started crying from the pain.Do you think i should ask dentist for a guard while im sleeping, Or do you sleep in yours?
OK yall that enough right now my mouth is really sore and i am going back to lay down. I have so many questions for the dentist , I am starting to wonder if i have some sort of infextion or is this pain normal ?> sorry to be such a baby yall. Thanks so much for your support It really means alot, Ill wait on replys , thanks again, Byeeee

Old 01-25-2004, 08:08 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

Sn, all what report seems to be pretty normal. Once my gums healed I started sleeping with my dentures out. They told me it would be better to let my gums breathe and rest. Right now you are probably clinching your jaws together to help deaded the pain. The constant pressure helps.
Are you going to be getting a second set of dentures made after approximately a year? If so I would wait until then to have all the cosmetic changes done. Right now everything is so new and in such contrast to your real teeth it is kind of hard to be objective. When you get fitted for your permanent dentures you will have alot more input as to how you want them to look. Right now it would be very hard for them to change the teeth or the gum color. I am not sure anything short of replacing the denture would work. But what do I know I just wear them, I don't make them. I would make the dentist aware that you are not completely satisfied with the aesthetics of the dentures. You will be seeing alot of him over the next few months for relines and adjustments so keep adding things to the list. Hang in there.

Old 01-26-2004, 09:03 PM   #7

dpack HB User

I too had my teeth all pulled (on the top only) and had a full plate put in. Yes, I totally know your pain!!!! I had this done last November and I still have some trouble and discomfort using my front teeth to bite food. Anyway, as far as grinding your teeth or clenching your jaw...I had no idea I did this in my sleep until my teeth were pulled. Talk about a total awakening (literally) from the pain!!! I still have my front bottom teeth which I am waiting on my new partial, so when I took my top plate out and clenched at night I was putting the bottom teeth right up into my sore gums!! So, I told my dentist and he said ok to keep top plate in at night so my gums could heal. Now that they are 3 months post I can take them out at night and not have pain if I clench. Since we are waiting to get my bottom partials done so I have back teeth and support I have just been practicing relaxation of the jaw and trying to be more aware of clenching. I can't have anything to wear yet because of the absent back teeth I guess..My teeth also looked funny in the beginning like I was all gums and the teeth hung down to far, but as the gums healed that went away. I did have days when all I could think about was getting home from work and ripping them out (which I did on plenty of days!) This gets better day after day, it just seems to take forever...but hang in there, it does get better. Anyway good luck... Just wanted to let you know someone out here feels your pain!

Last edited by dpack; 01-26-2004 at 09:07 PM.

Old 01-27-2004, 05:36 AM   #8

SnJmom HB User

Dpack thanks for your reply, It helps knowing you have support and not going through this alone. I have a update , I went to dentist yesterday, Went ok except they couldnt get the top partial off so they had to numb me again, but really that was nice lol not haveing to feel pain for a few hrs. but It will get better im sure. I just wish soon was now. Well i am off to lay down a bit but i wanted to thankyou and everyone who has taken the time to give me advise, I hope you all have a good day

Old 01-27-2004, 06:20 AM   #9
Veteran
(female)

Sn- I am glad things are sort of under control. Are you rinsing with warm salt water? Has he said you can take your teeth out to rinse yet? You mentioned that they could not get the top partial out- is it a partial or a full denture- not that it makes much difference. Hopefully your family is treating you like a princess and waiting on you hand and foot. You are truly going through the work of the physical discomfort right now. We are all here for you!

Old 01-27-2004, 05:09 PM   #10

SnJmom HB User

Hi sandy, Yes I meant a Denture, Duhhhh, Im on pan meds remember. LOL I am feeling alot better today, I can take them out and rinse 3 xday, I cant wait till i can sleep without these suckers, I didnt realize how bad i grinded. ouchh. Well i hope you are ok , Thanks for the reply . Have a good day.

Old 01-27-2004, 08:56 PM   #11

mysticvenus HB User

Sn:

Have you tried sleeping on your back? I had the same problem and found that relaxed my jaw a little bit and I didn't clench quite so hard. I know what you are going through. Take heart, it does get better, I promise. I've had mine 6 weeks now. My dentist advised me after the first two weeks to take mine out at night to sleep. I explained to him how i clenched my teeth when I slept and he said if was better to take them out then hurt myself. By far my biggest problem now is that my gums have shrunk so much that everything is loose. I got my first soft reline done which helped but my bottoms are still loose. I just keep telling myself that I have to give everything a chance to heal and that the immediate dentures I have now are not the ones I'm going to have to live with. Probably by now you are fustrated and a little angry and wonder why you did it. I've felt the same way. I know I made the right decision to have my teeth pulled but I still get fustrated sometimes. Try to keep up your spirits. Remember how great you look now. Oh and by the way, just think about going to the dentist now and while everybody else that's in there is suffering through drilling and filling and root canals, you can just kick back while he works on your teeth in the other room. Don't know about you but I kinda get a kick out of that. It's like okay, here (pull out teeth) work on them. Ha! Ha!

Old 01-28-2004, 12:50 PM   #12

SnJmom HB User

I hear ya there mystic, I cant wait till all this is over, I just want to know how much longer this is going to be hurting like this, It has been almost 1 week today , But i guess with him haveing to restich and stuff monday i kinda got a set back , I just want it to quit hurting, Ok i am gonna quite gripeing, Thanks for replying, I hope you are doing ok . I have to run to kids school but i wanted to say hi to you all who has been my support group , Hugssss.

Old 01-29-2004, 04:34 PM   #13

mysticvenus HB User

Sn:

You should be pretty much pain free in a couple of days. I think I only had problems with pain for about a week. Don't try eating anything real solid yet for a couple more weeks. Your gums are gonna be real sensitive to pressure. Sore spots are the next big hurdle. Don't be afraid to make as many trips to the dentist as you have to in order to get those taken care of. Over the last month, I've spent more time at the dentist then I had in three years. I'm seven weeks now. It has gotten alot easier. I can eat most foods again though I haven't tried anything really hard. You'll make it. Hugs to you.

Closed Thread