It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2004, 06:57 AM   #1

kimmers37 HB User
Hi New & need some support

I have been without my upper teeth since November. I had all my lower teeth extracted Wednesday. I am feeling pretty down. I cant get fitted for dentures Top & Bottom for four more weeks. Sucks to be me! My insurance sucks! I was real self conscious losing my tops now its even worse! I waitress and took off 5 days this week...I am terrified of going back to work and having to deal with people. I sound funny when I talk...feel like a moron to be honest! Does it get any easier? I hate soup, pudding , yogurt etc....After this is all over I swear to never eat these things again! What a way to lose weight...NOT! I really am not in much pain at all...it sure beats the pain of tooth aches by far. I only hope by the time I get through all this it will be worth it. Any advice or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. By the way I am 36 soon to be 37( tomorrow).Thanks! Kim

Old 01-24-2004, 12:44 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Sandybeech HB UserSandybeech HB UserSandybeech HB UserSandybeech HB User
Re: Hi New & need some support

Hi- I feel badly for you. Did the dentist say why he could not supply immediate dentures for you? Look for some posts from Charms on this site. She went a while without teeth and maybe she could give you some tips. I was fortunate to have immediates put in and did not need to suffer the social problems of being toothless while waiting to heal. There is just no way to hide from the world when you have such a public job. I admire your fortitude to continue to work without your upper teeth.

By the way, happy birthday! Please stop in often and ask questions.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-25-2004, 05:34 AM   #3

SnJmom HB User

Kimmer hi , I wish i knew what to say about going without teethe But i got immediate dentures, But i am here for you if you need to talk support whatever, I know how hard it is. Right now kim i am really nausias but i did want you to know i am here for you and i will get back as soon as i can , I just had all my teethe done thursady and i am in alot of pain.you hang in there hon, Hugsssss.

Old 01-25-2004, 05:45 AM   #4

kimmers37 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandybeech
Hi- I feel badly for you. Did the dentist say why he could not supply immediate dentures for you? Look for some posts from Charms on this site. She went a while without teeth and maybe she could give you some tips. I was fortunate to have immediates put in and did not need to suffer the social problems of being toothless while waiting to heal. There is just no way to hide from the world when you have such a public job. I admire your fortitude to continue to work without your upper teeth.

By the way, happy birthday! Please stop in often and ask questions.
Hi Sandy:
Thank you for your reply.My Dental insurance wont cover immediate dentures so I pretty much have no other choice. I was pretty depressed yesterday and am taking it out on my family.I dont mean to but it just seems like no-one here understands how I feel right now.I Thank you for your kind words and wishing me a Happy Birthday( which is not a Happy one at that but theres next year right?) I will try to contact Charms as well. Thanks Again! Kim

Old 01-25-2004, 05:53 AM   #5

kimmers37 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnJmom
Kimmer hi , I wish i knew what to say about going without teethe But i got immediate dentures, But i am here for you if you need to talk support whatever, I know how hard it is. Right now kim i am really nausias but i did want you to know i am here for you and i will get back as soon as i can , I just had all my teethe done thursady and i am in alot of pain.you hang in there hon, Hugsssss.
Hi snJmom:
I hope you are feeling better today. I pretty much am dealing with alot of emotional pain. I have to say I was very lucky with the physical part. Wednesday after the numbness wore off was bad. My dentist only prescribed Tylenol #3 ...I took two of the entire prescription thus far. I have no bruising or swelling like he said I would. My gums are very sore and the stiches are driving me nuts but thats about the worst of it for me except of course being able to eat. Which is a whole new story! I hate how I sound when I talk...I am lashing out at my hubby & kids for no reason. I feel really bad that they dont understand how I feel right now.Please keep in touch with me...I think we both can help eachother through this nightmare. Take Care & I do hope you are feeling better. Kim

Old 01-26-2004, 05:07 AM   #6

SnJmom HB User

HI Kimmer, I just wanted to see how you were doing today, I am going to the dentist at 9:30 so he can take this top denture out, Its killing me GRrr. I am alot better today on pain scale, so that good eh. I am hopeing he works on the teethe to make them look more like mine. I hope you are ok , I have been thinking about you so i wanted to write and let you know i am thinking and praying for you ok , Have a good day , Let me know how you are.

Old 01-30-2004, 02:05 AM   #7

kimmers37 HB User
Smile Re: Hi New & need some support

HI There:
Thanks for asking about me.I am doing pretty good.Went back to work Tuesday was kinda hard but I got through it.I had all the stitches taken out Wednesday as well...feels so much better.4 more weeks till he will start fitting me for dentures...GRRRRR! Eating is getting a little easier every day as well.Things are going as good as to be expected.How "bout you? Keep me posted as I will do the same.Have a good day! Kim

Old 01-30-2004, 01:40 PM   #8

SnJmom HB User

Hi kimmer, i am feeling alot better on the pain scale, I am able to eat a lil bit now, Not much though , Bread at least. I am glad you are doing better, I am here for you ok , I know how hard this is beleive me , But we will both get through this. I have to go to Dentist next monday for a checkup , Last time i went in he said i was still infected but he said it took along time for my mouth to get that infected will take a while to get rid of it, But physically I feel aloooooot better, I have had alot more energy . Well I have to go get kiddos but know i will be thinking about you and you take care ok , Hugssss.

Closed Thread