It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2004, 09:14 AM   #1

txsongman1 HB User
Did the Dentist Mess Up?

After my failed wisdom tooth extraction on Thursday, (back tooth, bottom jaw) I was relieved on Friday when the pain in my mouth finally died down. I wasn't sure exactly what the dentist had pulled out. My understanding is that he got out the top part or crown, but the rest of the tooth is buried deep.

On Saturday, I was surprised when amazing amounts of pain hit me. THe pain is mainly from the back part of my gum, but it would move around, radiate through my teeth, even towards the front teeth. I tried to eat, and grimaced when it felt like an ice pick right through my teeth.

I've never had such pain in my life. I couldnt even sleep. I did discover that Advil gave me relief for about 2 hours, but I cant just keep taking Advil constantly.

Sunday was even worse. Almost intolerable. I looked into my mouth, and I can see where he cut out part of my gum, but I dont understand why the pain is getting worse, and not better. I imagine the gum is a huge bundle of nerves that wrap around the teeth, and that's why the pain is radiating through my teeth. Is this correct?

Now, I'm worried that the dentist may have made things worse, like pushed down my wisdom tooth to wear it is grating against the nerve. I have a strong distrust of doctors. Most ppl have faith that they will make things better, but I always seem to get screwed. The doctor can always fall back on that excuse that everyone's body is different. Does gum removal cause this much pain? Any suggestions on how I can give myself some relief besides Advil?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread