It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2004, 04:53 PM   #1

babygirl20 HB User
Lightbulb sanding down your teeth? is there such thing?

Is there such thing as sanding down your teeth? I know some people who have had their teeth sanded down in the front when they have braces but my teeth are buck teeth or anything, but i don't like how long my front two teeth are. I've never had crooked teeth so i have never needed to have braces.... if i haven't had braces, is it still possible to get this procedure done? If you have any idea on cost of procedure, amount of pain of the procedure, or know of where i can call to get in contact with someone with more details please let me know. Thanks so much!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-02-2004, 10:01 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

kellie2 HB User
Re: sanding down your teeth? is there such thing?

I had my two front teeth filed off slightly years ago, and then again just a bit more a couple of months ago, and my dentist simply did it real quick before my filling. It's not a 'special' procedure and only takes a few minutes to do...actually, your dentist can do it in-between patients for you. Cost? My dentist didn't charge me as it was only a couple minutes of slight filing, but if yours does, it can't be much. No pain involved and I've never had braces; I just wanted my two front teeth a little shorter than they were. And believe me, it only takes a little bit to make a world of difference in your smile. I remember my girlfriend was so envious of mine that she went to her dentist and had him do the same thing to hers. You just want to make sure they only take off ever-so-little, as they can always do more but they can't put back. I do remember the first time I had mine done, which was about 20 years ago, right in the middle of Charlie's Angels fame, and the dentist who did it didn't want to simply file them straight across because he said it would look too ' Farrah Fawcett' and look fake. So he filed them as much as he thought looked good, then he took the filing instrument and made tiny little 'nicks' along the bottom edge, which gave them a very natural look. In fact, they look so natural that my dentist now who touched them up a couple of months ago didn't know they had already been done once.

Just call your dentist and make an appointment with him to have it done, it only takes a few minutes with one of those little electric files they use, but make sure he only does a little at a time, then lets you look in a mirror to see what he's done. My dentist now would only do a very tiny bit and then wouldn't do anymore, he told me to live with that and see how I like it, and if I want more, he can do it next time. And I'm glad he did, because I'm happy with the way they are and wouldn't want any more taken off.

Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread