It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2004, 04:56 AM   #1

joshesmommy HB User
Any dentists out there?

Hello I am new to the boards and I have a question. In 1997 I had a really bad tooth ache- didn't go to the dentist. Over the years I have had aches in this tooth and on one occasion I had swelling that was noticable on the outside of my face. It went down and I have not had any problems since. the top part of the tooth is gone, but the bottom part of the tooth is still in the gum. Have not had a toothache in 2 or 3 years. This is one of my back teeth on the right hand side. My question really is, will this tooth kill me? I have NO $ to go to a dentist and no dental insurance. Has my tooth healed itsself? What kind of problem does this sound like? Any feedback is really appriciated! PS I always rinse with listerine-will this help?
Thanks,
joshesmommy

Healthboards.com is not a professional advice community. Members are not
to register with a healthcare professional title, or reveal or display a current
or future healthcare profession, in any way. The boards are to be used for
PEER support only. Healthcare titles lend undue weight to what is to be only
your opinion. Members may share health opinions and advice as PEERS.

Last edited by moderator2; 02-05-2004 at 04:11 PM. Reason: Please carefully read, know and follow the Healthboards.com Policies and Guidelines. Click on FAQ at the top of the board. Thank you.

Old 02-05-2004, 03:45 PM   #2

Doppler4000 HB User
Re: Any dentists out there?

Teeth don't heal themselves.

When you say the top part is gone, do you mean the tooth has broken off / apart ?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-06-2004, 06:55 AM   #3

joshesmommy HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppler4000
Teeth don't heal themselves.

When you say the top part is gone, do you mean the tooth has broken off / apart ?

Yes the top part of the tooth has broken off.

Old 02-07-2004, 04:53 AM   #4

Doppler4000 HB User

At the very least, that broken tooth is an ugly abcess waiting to happen. The nerve of that tooth might already be gone. These things just don't get better untreated over time. You should really get it looked at to see if there's any way (or not) to seal up and save the remaining structure.

Old 02-08-2004, 12:25 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

junglemonkey HB User

Chances are, if the pain died down, the tooth is dead. You don't want an abcess to form though that may already have happened. teeth don't heal themselves! They are not cellular!

If the crown has broken off that's bad and you need to get it seen to!

Closed Thread