It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2004, 06:52 AM   #1

benzozebra HB User
Painful nodules where gums meet the cheeks

I have these teeny tiny nodules in various symetrical places inside my mouth. They are up where the gums meet the cheeks. Well, on the left side of my mouth, above tooth #13 and below tooth #20, there are slightly enlarged nodules when compared the the other side of my mouth. These two nodules on the left side are painful upon palpation. What concerns me is that I think the nodule above #13 could be because I had an infected, dead root that had a root canal done to it. It also had inflammation in the surrounding tissue. Well, the root was "S" shaped and was difficult to work with. The Endontists instruments couldn't work around the curves so he had to sorta ad-lib (for lack of a better word). Following the procedure, I recieved a form letter about how to take anti-inflammatories and anti-biotics (if the latter was ordered). Well, I'm concerned that because of the shape of the root and difficulty involved, that perhaps all the infection wasn't irradicated and that that might be what is behind things. I was never given an antibiotic. I was wondering if those nodules were part of some sort of lymphatic system and if so, what are they called? The problems with tooth #13 could possibly be behind the painful nodule above it (don't know), but then what would be causing the painful nodule below #20? If it is indeed a lymphatic system then perhaps that is all part of the same network of lymphs? I just don't know what is going on here. My dentist can't answer the question because he says he feels no pimples on the gums. I tried to tell him that I wasn't talking about any pimples on the gums, but was rather talking about further away from the actual teeth where the gums meet the cheeks. Come to think of it, these little nodules feel very much like the nodules in our cheeks if you were to grab your cheeks as if to lift it up off your gums and roll the tissue between your finger and thumb. What is that? Why might it be painful? I just don't want to let things go that could progress to something worse. I also don't want to deal with any unnecessary pain.

Thanks,
"O"

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread