It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2004, 11:06 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

Andrew29 HB User
Question Invisalign... is it worth it?

I am really considering getting Invisalign braces. I want to know if it's worth it. I'm not really interested in hearing about whether people had success or not with it. Cause for me it's invisalign or nothing.

What I really would like to know is everyday things about them:
1)How noticeable are they?
2)How uncomfortable are they?
3)I hear you have to brush your teeth a lot more; true or false?
4)What happens if you drink coloured liquids with them in?
5)In general, how big of a hassle are they? Any other information would be very helpful. Thanks in advance

Old 02-09-2004, 08:32 AM   #2

BabyDeer HB User
Re: Invisalign... is it worth it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew29
I am really considering getting Invisalign braces. I want to know if it's worth it. I'm not really interested in hearing about whether people had success or not with it. Cause for me it's invisalign or nothing.

What I really would like to know is everyday things about them:
1)How noticeable are they?
2)How uncomfortable are they?
3)I hear you have to brush your teeth a lot more; true or false?
4)What happens if you drink coloured liquids with them in?
5)In general, how big of a hassle are they? Any other information would be very helpful. Thanks in advance

hello, i have just got my invisalign aligners and have been wearing them for a month. to answer ure questions
1: what they dont show u in the brochures are things called "attachments" these are basically little plastic circles (looks like little bumps on ure teeth, i only have them on my front 4 main teeth and 5 bottom main teeth). these attatchments serve the purpose of holding on the plastic aligner onto ure teeth. these lumps on your teeth are visible really close. the bumps are clear so its not that noticeable. but ppl can tell if they were talking to u real close. some people havent noticed yet that i am wearing them...only after like 5 times of seeing me they have asked me ...are u wearing braces or something.

2:at first they are quite uncomfortable since ure not used to having plastic in your mouth. for the first week, i had cuts on my tongue and also on the inside of my mouth. another thing i noticed is that it makes me thirsty...and my mouth dry as some of saliva gets stuck into the aligner. a way to fix this i found is just to suck it out...and ure mouth will feel more lubricated again. this only happened the first week....but once i got used to it ...im fine now and my tongue doesnt get cut.

3:False. u can brush ure teeth every time ueat...but my instructions were to brush as normal (2times a day) and rinse everytime u eat...or floss. u also have to clean ure aligners everyday....they get quite messy!!

4:i tested drinking red cordial...to see if it really stained and it kinda did. i tested red gatorade aswell and it was fine. green cordial fine and coke aswell...lol but ure not meant to drink anything else but water....as that cleans them at the same time.....but hey...i get cravins sometimes...

5: in general..they are a hassle at the beginning...but now i have a routine with taking it off b4 i eat etc...i really dont notice the hassle it just becomes like going to the toilet...or eating....it just becomes apart of ure everyday life. u have to wear them 22 hrs out of 24 so u do have time to take ure time and eat. I have a friend that wears metal braces and i think to myself that yes i chose the write treatment for myself as he told me that he gets cuts in his mouth all the time....my other friend now has scars in her top and bottom lips from metal braces. and looking at a distance u cant see them. i think they are great and u should get them. its worth it if u want that smile u wanted. hope this helps....
bye

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-09-2004, 08:56 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Andrew29 HB User

That was very helpful. Thank you.

Old 08-18-2004, 08:58 AM   #4

welsh chick HB User

Hi i am in the UK and thinking of getting the same treatment, are you in the usa? or wherever you are how much did you pay for it? and how long does the treatment last?

Old 08-19-2004, 11:17 AM   #5
Inactive

MadisonBear HB User

Hello..I want invisaling so bad.I got ugly teeth..Does it really work..How much is it..I dont know if my mom will pay alot of money.How much did you all pay does dental insurence cover it any..
Thanks

Closed Thread