It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2004, 12:06 PM   #1

happi HB User
Please Help Nausea Could It Be Tooth

Hello, I am 23 year old male. I had a tooth pulled a couple of years ago while in college and I never went back to the dentist. A few months ago while eating some chips i cut myself where that tooth had been pulled. I felt a large bump in my mouth. I covered the pain with pain pills. I heard somewhere that when I eat food bacteria gets stuck where my tooth was pulled. Anyways over the past couple of months I have felt horrible. When I wake up in the morining I feel nausea. This probably happens 4 to 5 days out of the week. I haven't vomitted with the exception of one time and that was when i drunk 3 beers. That really bothered me that I threw up after drinking 3 12 oz. cans of budweiser. Therefore I haven't drunk in about a month. So my nausea has been alittle milder. But over the past 3 weeks I haven't only had morning nausea I have also had mid day nausea. I drink some ginger ale and water and the problem usually goes away after 15 min. I also drink some pepto bismol and that helps after about 40 minutes. I was wondering could this missing tooth be the problem? Next month I am going to have to make the sacrifice on some bills and go to the dentist because I can't take this anymore. I don't like going anywhere. I felt nausea while waiting in the car insurance store. I don't have a job right now and i'm scared if I get one I may have to call in. I haven't been hanging out with friends or anything this is really disturbing me. Also last week when i ate some grits my left eye started hurting. And i noticed my left eye feeling packed or something on a few occasions. And now that I have observed myself I notice it has only happened when I have ate grits or banana's. Anyone have any advice on anything I can do until I get to a dentist? Are there any over the counter drugs I can buy to help with the nausea or possible bacteria or what do you think is the best otc for this problem? Any have any experience with this and do you think a feeling and some antibiotics will fix the problem when I get to the dentist office. Any advice, remedies, links anything would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-09-2004, 11:03 AM   #2

PICKLE222 HB User
Re: Please Help Nausea Could It Be Tooth

Happi,
I would not be surprised at all that your problems could stem from your missing tooth and teeth. Read my thread "What Now"? My husband has been ill for months.
If there is infection and it has gotten out of hand you will need a course of antibiotics. I would see a periodontist, they specialize in this area. My husband was going to a dentist for seven months getting sicker and sicker and the dentist never said a word about any problems in his gums. Get this checked out right away. My husband has been on antibiotics for 12 days and he will probally be on them even longer. He had to wait a month more to see a new dentist ......he tryed everytkind of otc product to make it without success. The infection just had another month to multiply. I understand the money problem but go now it will be cheaper in the long run.

PICKLE222

Old 02-10-2004, 09:56 PM   #3

happi HB User

Thanks for your response Pickle. I read your thread and reading that your husbands mother had her teeth pulled at 22 is very scary to me since I am 23. I feel horrible for letting this go on like this for so long. I haven't had a cleaning in over 3 years. I am very worried about going back to a periodontist. But I will pray about this and I know everything will work out. I hope your husband is doing better. How long had he been feeling sick from his mouth? And as far as his mom, did she have to have them pulled because of an infection or something else? I have been waking up sick for probably 3 months now. I drunk 3 beers the day after thanksgiving and vomitted. Someone said it sounds like a may have an ulcer and I heard ulcers are oftened caused by bacteria. And I know i obviously have some bacteria build up due to my missing teeth. Hopefully its not an ulcer. I know everything will work out thanks for your help. One more thing--were there any remedies or otc that helped your husband prior to going to the periodontist? thanks

Old 02-11-2004, 08:51 AM   #4

PICKLE222 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by happi
Thanks for your response Pickle. I read your thread and reading that your husbands mother had her teeth pulled at 22 is very scary to me since I am 23. I feel horrible for letting this go on like this for so long. I haven't had a cleaning in over 3 years. I am very worried about going back to a periodontist. But I will pray about this and I know everything will work out. I hope your husband is doing better. How long had he been feeling sick from his mouth? And as far as his mom, did she have to have them pulled because of an infection or something else? I have been waking up sick for probably 3 months now. I drunk 3 beers the day after thanksgiving and vomitted. Someone said it sounds like a may have an ulcer and I heard ulcers are oftened caused by bacteria. And I know i obviously have some bacteria build up due to my missing teeth. Hopefully its not an ulcer. I know everything will work out thanks for your help. One more thing--were there any remedies or otc that helped your husband prior to going to the periodontist? thanks
Happi,
Try not to panic. In your case you probally have an infection which can be taked care of easily. Also remember in my hubby's Mothers case......She is very old so this was long ago! She did it primarily because of money I'm sure. Have you had periodontal problems before? If you have never been before this appointment was probally the most informative and helpful dentist my husband came in contact with. Also remember my husband is more than twice your age so please don't panic. I am sorry to say that nothing otc was helping hubby. In my own experience with and ulcer warm sallty water swished in your mouth can help . Take care make an appointment and stay calm.

PICKLE222

Old 02-11-2004, 09:06 PM   #5

happi HB User

Thanks very much Pickle its appreciated greatly. And thanks for the warm salty water remedy I plan on trying it the next time I get that feeling. Thanks

Closed Thread