It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2004, 09:14 PM   #1

dentalnitemare HB User
is this pain normal or could it be dry socket?

I had a wisdom tooth pulled Tuesday,I've had major pain since then,extraction went very well.I have taken all my pain medication because the pain hasn't stopped.I haven't ate on the side the tooth was pulled on.Since the extraction I haven't felt right,my heart rate seems to be very high and I feel a little weak and light headed like maybe my blood pressure is up.(I do have high bp),I've had a dry socket before but don't remember feeling like this just remember it being painful.The pain is worse than a toothache.Any advice til Monday when I hope my dentist is opened because of the holiday?

Old 02-14-2004, 04:59 AM   #2

clouda HB User
Re: is this pain normal or could it be dry socket?

Usually with an extraction, the pain peaks on the second or third day, and then starts getting better.

You sound like you may have an infection. Are you on any antibiotics? If the pain is still bad today, please call your dentist. You should not wait til Monday or Tuesday. Are you rinsing with salt water?

Let us know.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-14-2004, 10:14 PM   #3

dentalnitemare HB User

Yes I'm rinsing with saltwater,but the pain seems to go all the way to my jawbone.I wish I didn't have to wait til Monday or Tuesday when the dentist will be opened but I have no choice,they are closed.My local ER is a joke.I went the last time and the doctor said he didn't believe in pain meds unless you have a broken bone I would have to sit there and let him decide what to do with me.I'd been up for 3 nights with the pain and couldn't sleep during the day since I have a little one to take care of.I'm not on antibiotics but I do have some from eariler that wasn't strong enough and had to have another script called in so I guess those would work until I see the dentist.Thanks for your reply I'll update when I find out something.

Old 02-15-2004, 05:03 PM   #4

SnJmom HB User

You should be able to call your dentist office and get ahold of someone incase of an emergency . Have you tried to call the offfice and see if a dentist is on call? good luck , sorry you are in pain .

Closed Thread