It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-21-2004, 10:18 PM   #1

Snowbunnie HB User
Spots from teeth whitening (ear drops)

to anyone who has done the alternative whitening using ear drops did your teeth spot at all? I have a few spots on my teeth and i dont know if i should keep using it or not.. i used it 3x today for the first time.. 5 min each time and my teeth are def. whiter.. im just worried a little about the spots.. let me know!

Old 03-20-2004, 01:09 PM   #2
(female)

jenikat HB User
Re: Spots from teeth whitening (ear drops)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowbunnie
to anyone who has done the alternative whitening using ear drops did your teeth spot at all? I have a few spots on my teeth and i dont know if i should keep using it or not.. i used it 3x today for the first time.. 5 min each time and my teeth are def. whiter.. im just worried a little about the spots.. let me know!

O my god, so do I!! I just used it today for the first time and I have white spots on my teeth on the upper canines....I did it 3 times for like 5 minutes too, I hope they go away...but I'm not going to use again until someone can tell us what it is

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-20-2004, 03:20 PM   #3

caitlyn's mom HB User
Talking Re: Spots from teeth whitening (ear drops)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenikat
O my god, so do I!! I just used it today for the first time and I have white spots on my teeth on the upper canines....I did it 3 times for like 5 minutes too, I hope they go away...but I'm not going to use again until someone can tell us what it is
Hi I also used the ear drops i have been using them for about 3 weeks twice a day. I also have white spots on my two front teeth. I had an appointment with a denturest to get fitted for a partial plate he noticed them .He said you have some white spots they are kind of chalky (i think that is spelled right) it should be interesting to see if we can get the partial to match your teeth. Then he asked me if i have tried to whiten them. I told him no . I did not want him to know i put ear drops in my mouth lol. Needless to say i am not useing the ear drops anymore.

Caitlyn's mom

Old 03-20-2004, 09:14 PM   #4

infantrywife HB User

I used the drops for the first time yesterday. I did it twice and then I had some errands to run. While I was in the car I kept getting some filmy like things from in between my teeth. I think it was from the ear drops. They didn't taste bad, but it was really weird. I haven't gotten the spots yet. I guess when I go to the dentist on Thursday I will see if they notice anything. I am going to ask my dentist about the ear drops when I go so I will let you all know what he has to say.

Old 03-23-2004, 05:26 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

Katyana HB User

Ear drops?!!! Your dentist/doctor suggested you use ear drops to brush your teeth??!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowbunnie

Old 03-24-2004, 05:22 AM   #6

caitlyn's mom HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katyana
Ear drops?!!! Your dentist/doctor suggested you use ear drops to brush your teeth??!!!!!!!!!
NO!!! The dentist did not suggest this. I actually read it here on the boards. Ear drops have the active ingredient in it carbinmide that the dentists use to bleach your teeth. Alot of people have had great success useing ear drops it has to have 6.5 % carbinmide this you do not find in over the counter teeth whitening products. I started useing it and some whit spots appeared on my front teeth. I stopped useing it. Then i thought i would try again and faithfully used it 3 times a day. The white spots are gone and my teeth are really white i guess the spots were part of the bleeching process. The best part is i saved myself a couple hundred dollars by having it done at the dentists.

Caitlyn's mom

Old 06-11-2005, 06:12 AM   #7
(female)

AngelEyezz HB User

I use ear drops on my teeth, but i never leave it on for more than 3 minutes. and i never use it more than once a week. I have gotten white spots on my teeth, but i've been getting them for years, once in a while, whenever my teeth dry out during sleep. You guys really don't need to use them more than once a week and no more than 2 minutes. My teeth are extremely white, I got two comments yesterday about how white they are.

Old 06-11-2005, 09:32 AM   #8
Veteran
(female)

chatty8484 HB User

What brand of drops?

Chatty

Old 06-11-2005, 09:39 PM   #9
(female)

cinnamoroll0913 HB User

I am so sorry guys to say this but PLS PLS ask your dentist about this before con't the bleaching. I have seen patients came in with holes on their enamel and they ended up paying alot of $ to fix them. It's not worthy the pain...

Closed Thread