It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2004, 02:28 PM   #1

aps2176 HB User
Necrotic Tooth

I recently moved and went to a new dentist who made x rays of my teeth. He discovered that my front lower tooth had died. It had experienced trauma when I was about 10yrs old. On the x ray there was a dark spot at the bottom of the tooth and he indicated that was because the body could not "clean" out the tooth. I am to have a root canal done on the tooth. I have noticed that the lymph node in my neck on the same side as my necrotic tooth has been slightly swollen for some time. Could this tooth be causing my lymph node to swell. Also, I sometimes have experienced neck pain on that side and thought it was sinus drainage coming down from the drainage canal near the ear. Could it in reality be the tooth.

Thanks for any thoughts

Old 03-25-2004, 09:16 PM   #2

blib HB User
Re: Necrotic Tooth

Quote:
Originally Posted by aps2176
I recently moved and went to a new dentist who made x rays of my teeth. He discovered that my front lower tooth had died. It had experienced trauma when I was about 10yrs old. On the x ray there was a dark spot at the bottom of the tooth and he indicated that was because the body could not "clean" out the tooth. I am to have a root canal done on the tooth. I have noticed that the lymph node in my neck on the same side as my necrotic tooth has been slightly swollen for some time. Could this tooth be causing my lymph node to swell. Also, I sometimes have experienced neck pain on that side and thought it was sinus drainage coming down from the drainage canal near the ear. Could it in reality be the tooth.

Thanks for any thoughts
Make sure you ask your dentist, but I've heard that the teeth cause general illness and lymph node swelling and ear problems. Definitely a possibility!!! Let us know what becomes of it!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread