It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-24-2004, 11:27 AM   #1

caitlyn's mom HB User
What type of partial denture?

Just wondering if anybody can tell me which type of partial plate is the best to get? I am going in 3 weeks to be fitted for a partial ( upper) I have heard the acrylic is not so good . any info would be appreciated.

Old 02-24-2004, 07:44 PM   #2

Infogirl06 HB User
Re: What type of partial denture?

Quote:
Originally Posted by caitlyn's mom
Just wondering if anybody can tell me which type of partial plate is the best to get? I am going in 3 weeks to be fitted for a partial ( upper) I have heard the acrylic is not so good . any info would be appreciated.
Hello, I have upper partial with actylic and I love them. I had 2 teeth on each side pulled due to Rct not working. I was 27 at the time and I didn't want to have any silver hooks showing so I got this one. It looks soooo natural and no one can't tell I have them on. And it's real light.
Anyway thouht I'd share my story : )
Infogirl.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-25-2004, 09:21 AM   #3

caitlyn's mom HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infogirl06
Hello, I have upper partial with actylic and I love them. I had 2 teeth on each side pulled due to Rct not working. I was 27 at the time and I didn't want to have any silver hooks showing so I got this one. It looks soooo natural and no one can't tell I have them on. And it's real light.
Anyway thouht I'd share my story : )
Infogirl.
Thanks infogirl. I have heard that acrylic breaks easy. Have you ever had problems with yours? Also i was not aware that the acrylic partial did not have silver hooks. What holds the partial in place?

Old 02-25-2004, 10:39 AM   #4

grngupy HB User

I would say a metal framework partial would be the best. Breakage will not be a problem and the fit is alot better. The plastic partials will have metal clasps so you may still see them. If your dentist is good at designing partials he will hide as many clasps as he can. I have worked in the dental field for 25 years.
Good luck, Pam

Old 02-25-2004, 05:17 PM   #5

Infogirl06 HB User

Just wanted to add that my acrylic partial doesn't have any wire hooks. It's all acrylic with gum color.
Infogirl

Closed Thread