It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-24-2004, 01:57 PM   #1

ChadNDallas HB User
Implant or Bridge?

Does anyone have any thoughts on this topic. My dentist said that I need to have a molar pulled. He said I should get an implant but I don't really want to. I can't decide which would be better for my future and also the pain. I'm 24 yrs. old. Let me know what you think.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-25-2004, 09:10 AM   #2

Shereen24 HB User
Re: Implant or Bridge?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadNDallas
Does anyone have any thoughts on this topic. My dentist said that I need to have a molar pulled. He said I should get an implant but I don't really want to. I can't decide which would be better for my future and also the pain. I'm 24 yrs. old. Let me know what you think.

Hi Chad, I am 24 years old also. I have a bridge on one side and after braces will have to get something on the other side to cover where the same tooth fell out when I was young.

I am deciding to go with an implant and crown on both sides. The reason why is becuase the bridge that I have on one side now needs to be redone. only after 2-3 years of having on. When you get a bridge, they have to shave down the tooth infront and behind the missing tooth. These teeth could have nothing wrong, and now have to be shaved down and replaced with the crowns linking the bridge.

Brigdes and crowns are covered under insurance, but implants are not.

Implants run around 3500 (i think this includes the crown). Implants are better for the teeth and not just a quick fix, like bridges, but they are more expensive.

I believe in the long run I would rather have a fixed implant than a bridge that migh need to be replaced down the line!

Good luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-28-2004, 07:47 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Anibanani HB User
Re: Implant or Bridge?

implants are more expensive and it takes a long time for the procedure, like 6 months thay plant a metal piece in your bone and the tissue surrounding it will have to grow around the piece and when it's done that's when they put the actual tooth in there. Bridges are like an instant fix really, you go to the office they take an impression of your teeth it takes 2 weeks for the lab to make the bridge and then they put it on; of course you'll need the put crowns on the teeth next to the bridge but other than that that's all there is to it. If I had the funds and the patience I'd go for an implant, but that's my personal opinion I hope it helped.

Closed Thread