It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-24-2004, 05:56 PM   #1

RetroActv HB User
Bite Needs Adjustment?

I'm hoping somebody out there can help me with the mental anguish I'm going through over a tooth that's bothering me.

A year and a half ago, I had a small crack, according to the dentist, that I had a crown put on without Endo. It's the second tooth from the back, on the bottom. Anyway, up until a month ago, I had no problems with it, but all of a sudden I noticed a dull pain when I would chew certain things. I went in, and the dentist did xrays, said there was no abcess or new cracks, and did a bite adjustment. After another 3 weeks, it felt like it got slightly better, but I went in again just to be sure that there wasn't something else there. He again checked it out, and again said the tooth was being hit pretty hard due to improper bite, and did another adjustment. He said it should get better, and seemed awfully unconcerned about it. It's been a week, and the pain comes and goes with chewing. There is no random pain, the pain is not intense at all, and otherwise it feels ok. It doesn't hurt about 85 percent of the time when I chew on that side, only with certain foods.

My question is how long will this tooth take to relieve itself of the irritation, if that's what it is, before it gets better? I know I shouldn't do this, but I find myself testing it every day or so to test the progress it has made, and I assume this just re-irritates it... Is it common for something like this to take a few weeks to get back to normal? Is it potentially a deeper problem than this? I have had great work done by my dentist in the past, so I'm inclined to go with what he says and recommends. I suppose I'm just hoping for a little reassurance, if there is any.

Thanks for your responses!

Nick

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread