It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2004, 12:19 PM   #1

Young Mother HB User
Abcess and major health problems

I have had a tooth abcess which has gone undetected for almost 2 years. During that time I have had very poor health and suffered all sorts of really weird symptoms like headaches, funny vision, weakness, extreme fatigue and even depression. I felt ill all the time. During this time I have also had a baby who thankfully is well and healthy despite this and I am continuing to breastfeed him on the advice of my dentist. (I was told the lump was a harmless thing due to hormones in pregnancy) I eventually had root canal a few days ago and no major problems with it afterwards. If this has happened to anyone else my question is will my general health now improve and how long might that take??. Could really do with some encougaging feedback. thank you

Old 02-25-2004, 02:17 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Crossbow HB User
Re: Abcess and major health problems

Hi - I don't normally post here because I don't know much about dentistry, but I do know from experience that any abcess can cause your overall health to suffer. Usually it's more just lethargy and depression, but it could cause a lot more problems.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-26-2004, 11:36 AM   #3

SnJmom HB User

HI young mother, I recently had all my teethe pulled and i had an infection , that dentist said looks like it had been there a while. It has been 1 month since this and i can truelly tell a difference in the way i feel . I have energy back and all . Hang in there you should start feeling better soon.

Old 02-26-2004, 01:08 PM   #4

Young Mother HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnJmom
HI young mother, I recently had all my teethe pulled and i had an infection , that dentist said looks like it had been there a while. It has been 1 month since this and i can truelly tell a difference in the way i feel . I have energy back and all . Hang in there you should start feeling better soon.
Thank you, I hope you are right. My doctor has also suggested antibiotics to help clear it up.

Old 02-26-2004, 01:10 PM   #5

Young Mother HB User

Thank you. You said in your experience, I was wondering did you find these problems cleared up when the abcess was removed and infection cleared up?

Closed Thread