It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2004, 07:33 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Anibanani HB User
for those of you who fear root canals

I just had one done on Thursday. I heard a lot of horror stories from ppl on this board and other places, one even said that someone died from a root canal! Well, I had a very good experience, it did not hurt at all during the procedure and it didn't hurt when the numbness went away. I was so scared and nervous from all the stories I heard I thought I was gonna get a stroke in that chair, but it turned out really well, the worst part really was the needle and that was it, it wasn't unbearable. He got done in less than 45 minutes I almost fell asleep, lol. My tooth feels a little sensitive when I try to chew on it or if I tap my teeth or something, but the doc said that's normal and it will go away in a coupe of days. The best part is I saved my tooth, so for those of you who are scared don't believe all those horror stories it's not bad at all.I hope I eased your fears a little

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-31-2004, 01:11 PM   #2
(female)

Lore953 HB User
Re: for those of you who fear root canals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anibanani
I just had one done on Thursday. I heard a lot of horror stories from ppl on this board and other places, one even said that someone died from a root canal! Well, I had a very good experience, it did not hurt at all during the procedure and it didn't hurt when the numbness went away. I was so scared and nervous from all the stories I heard I thought I was gonna get a stroke in that chair, but it turned out really well, the worst part really was the needle and that was it, it wasn't unbearable. He got done in less than 45 minutes I almost fell asleep, lol. My tooth feels a little sensitive when I try to chew on it or if I tap my teeth or something, but the doc said that's normal and it will go away in a coupe of days. The best part is I saved my tooth, so for those of you who are scared don't believe all those horror stories it's not bad at all.I hope I eased your fears a little
Oh my God you have made my day!!! I'm having a root canal done tomorrow and I'm absolutely terrified because of the horror stories I have read on here and on other sites... I figured I'd just die of a heart attack while in the chair!
Thank you so very much for a positive post..
Lorene

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-06-2004, 08:06 PM   #3

LeslieCH HB User

Thanks Ani for your post.....I had a crown put on a cracked tooth about 8 weeks ago, and my dentist has put my perm crown on with temp glue to see if my nerve will calm down once and for all. I know at this point its just wishful thinking and I HAVE to be a big girl and just go to the endodontist but I am TERRIFIED. Reading your post made me feel better.....I have heard everything from its not so bad to its a horrific experience.

Thanks for posting...

Lorene how did your root canal go?

Old 04-11-2004, 04:16 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Anibanani HB User

you're welcome I'm glad I could help. Don't be afraid to go, it's really not that big of a deal, people make it bigger than it is really.

Old 04-12-2004, 11:29 PM   #5
Veteran
(male)

wackytoposthere HB User

As I recall, the experience was not that bad having it done. Unfortunately the trouble comes from how well the work was done. I have two root canals with crowns that were done 30 years ago, no problem at all with them. I have two more that were done less then 7 years ago and have just had problems with. Instead of paying to have the work done over again, I'm considering just having both teeth pulled and free myself from the headaches and discomforts.

The dentist that did the ones 30 years ago said crowns were made from precious metal with porcelain over them, and that's what they are, very well made. I can't say the same about the last ones, the dentist took a lot of short cuts, one crown is made from stainless steel or something like it with a hard plastic over it. This one has fallen out about four times now, I keep gluing it back in with the repair kits you can buy in the drug store. The last time it fell out, the rest of the plastic broke off, I haven't glued it back yet because of that. And the other one was made on the spot with that plastic they harden with the blue light. I've had many infections under the roots on both teeth. I generally can knock the infection out with salt water rinses and B-100 complexes.

Closed Thread