It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2004, 03:42 PM   #1

caitlyn's mom HB User
Worst Extraction

HI. I was just wondering what is the most sensitive tooth to have extracted. I have to have the tooth beside my front tooth pulled and i am kind of nervous about this one. I have had back teeth pulled and they are not so bad . But i have never had a front pulled. Please be honest.
Thanks
Caitlyn's Mom

Old 03-02-2004, 04:32 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Sandybeech HB UserSandybeech HB UserSandybeech HB UserSandybeech HB User
Re: Worst Extraction

The worst part of having an upper front tooth pulled is where they have to put the anesthetic- usually in the roof of your mouth. Otherwise the actual extraction is not that bad- somewhat easier than a molar because it does not have as many roots. Psychologically I think it is harder to lose a front tooth than it is the back ones. Good luck- let us know how it goes.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-02-2004, 06:42 PM   #3
(male)

Chum HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by caitlyn's mom
HI. I was just wondering what is the most sensitive tooth to have extracted. I have to have the tooth beside my front tooth pulled and i am kind of nervous about this one. I have had back teeth pulled and they are not so bad . But i have never had a front pulled. Please be honest.
Thanks
Caitlyn's Mom

My dentist rubbed a strong numbing agent on the roof of my mouth and waited for about 10 minutes. When he gave me the novocaine shot it felt like you press a finger against the gum..no pain at all.

Old 03-02-2004, 06:48 PM   #4

caitlyn's mom HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandybeech
The worst part of having an upper front tooth pulled is where they have to put the anesthetic- usually in the roof of your mouth. Otherwise the actual extraction is not that bad- somewhat easier than a molar because it does not have as many roots. Psychologically I think it is harder to lose a front tooth than it is the back ones. Good luck- let us know how it goes.
Thank you sandybeech for your info i need to have it pulled because i broke it off when i fell into a table. Sober lol . The dentist said it could not be saved so i decided to have the rest of my teeth fixed and get a partial plate. I had a fear of dentists for many years.So this is a real big step for me . I will let you know how it goes. I have to go tomorrow to have 2 extracted from the upper back.

Caitlyn's Mom

Old 03-03-2004, 08:29 AM   #5

caitlyn's mom HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by caitlyn's mom
Thank you sandybeech for your info i need to have it pulled because i broke it off when i fell into a table. Sober lol . The dentist said it could not be saved so i decided to have the rest of my teeth fixed and get a partial plate. I had a fear of dentists for many years.So this is a real big step for me . I will let you know how it goes. I have to go tomorrow to have 2 extracted from the upper back.

Caitlyn's Mom
Hi all I just came fr the dentist all went well i had 5 extractions . I thought he was only pulling 2. You were right about the needle . The one on the roof of the mouth was not fun that was the worst part.
Caitlyn's mom

Old 03-05-2004, 04:44 AM   #6

needwingstofly HB User
Angry Re: Worst Extraction

Now you are making me nervous - I am having five pulled today - but I am being knocked out, thank goodness - so I hopefully won't feel a thing - I just really don't want to know what is going on -

Closed Thread