It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2004, 03:06 PM   #1

poncho998 HB User
Tooth Pain After Filling Replacement

Hi. My filling was decaying so it was removed and right now I have a temperary in. This temporary is supposed to be in until I get the porcelain put in this month. It seems that every time I eat, even though I don't even eat with the side of the mouth which this filling is in, the tooth hurts bad about 1/2 hour to a couple hours later. Then the pain goes away until the next time I eat. Right now I have an ice bag on my mouth to dull the pain. What does this all mean and what is wrong? Btw, I had the temporary filling put in about a week ago.

Thanks

Last edited by poncho998; 03-03-2004 at 03:06 PM.

Old 03-03-2004, 07:27 PM   #2

Doppler4000 HB User
Re: Tooth Pain After Filling Replacement

Could be a response to the drilling that hasn't settled down yet, a crack in the tooth that wasn't detected before, bite not properly set, bacteria got deeper into the tooth / root and is now causing problems. Get back to the dentist for a look as soon as possible because this much pain isn't really "normal".

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-04-2004, 09:00 AM   #3

Shereen24 HB User
Re: Tooth Pain After Filling Replacement

Quote:
Originally Posted by poncho998
Hi. My filling was decaying so it was removed and right now I have a temperary in. This temporary is supposed to be in until I get the porcelain put in this month. It seems that every time I eat, even though I don't even eat with the side of the mouth which this filling is in, the tooth hurts bad about 1/2 hour to a couple hours later. Then the pain goes away until the next time I eat. Right now I have an ice bag on my mouth to dull the pain. What does this all mean and what is wrong? Btw, I had the temporary filling put in about a week ago.

Thanks

I had the same problems with my fillings becuase they where deep. My dentist put a sedative filling in but it was still sensitive to hot and cold, only when I eat and then it would go away about 1 hour later. I was told that the pain is from the nerve being messed with and that I should try to keep the pain away, becuase the more pain the tooth is in, the longer it will take to heal, and if it doesnt get a chance to heal, it could become a root canal.

Closed Thread