It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2004, 01:11 AM   #1
(female)

Cashodeen HB User
Anyone ever had poor orthodontic treatment?

Have any of you had orthodontic treatment that you'd consider poor? Whether your teeth ended up being aligned worse (and never did eventually improve), you had unfavorable appearance changes, and/or you had to see another orthodontist to fix the first orthodontist's mistakes? I'm just curious if anyone has any "poor orthodonic" stories to tell.

Old 03-08-2004, 10:07 PM   #2

Grdngrl HB User
Re: Anyone ever had poor orthodontic treatment?

Well when I was a kid still my dentist put a "W" band on for 2 years to push out an overbite. Then a retainer I wore for another 3 years. Just to get them all straight and him say your done and you don't need your retainer anymore! Now I have to have braces in order to get them straightend back out again. Maybe even with headgear! Is that what your looking for?
undefined
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashodeen
Have any of you had orthodontic treatment that you'd consider poor? Whether your teeth ended up being aligned worse (and never did eventually improve), you had unfavorable appearance changes, and/or you had to see another orthodontist to fix the first orthodontist's mistakes? I'm just curious if anyone has any "poor orthodonic" stories to tell.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-12-2004, 01:52 AM   #3
(female)

Cashodeen HB User

Oh yes, I'd say your story covers my topic. Thanks for replying.

Old 03-13-2004, 08:35 AM   #4

jrm4337122 HB User
Talking Re: Anyone ever had poor orthodontic treatment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashodeen
hi , oh yes i was in braces an headgear for 12 months of a 18 monthtreatment the orthodontist took the braces off early said my back molors would move down by them self yea right at 43 , anyway they didn't all my tmj pain came back an then some , after seeing many doc an surgeons after that pain got worse still finally saw a tmj ortho four months later an guess what , back in braces did bitesplints an now back in headgear , no more pain thank god molors are where they should be an things are on track with my treatment, i have a total time in orthodontic treatment with both docs over three years with 12 to 17 months to go , an very happy now, joe martin

Old 03-18-2004, 01:40 AM   #5
(female)

Cashodeen HB User

Quote:
Originally posted by jrm4337122[b]
hi , oh yes i was in braces an headgear for 12 months of a 18 monthtreatment the orthodontist took the braces off early said my back molors would move down by them self yea right at 43 , anyway they didn't all my tmj pain came back an then some , after seeing many doc an surgeons after that pain got worse still finally saw a tmj ortho four months later an guess what , back in braces did bitesplints an now back in headgear , no more pain thank god molors are where they should be an things are on track with my treatment, i have a total time in orthodontic treatment with both docs over three years with 12 to 17 months to go , an very happy now, joe martin[b]
Thanks for sharing your story. I had braces for 4 1/2 years with molars that would also not move down. The orthodontist never had me in any appliances to help them--no headgear, nothing. My bite actually got worse during treatment and never did get better. I'm back in action for more orthodontic treatment--with a new orthodontist, and now a surgeon--I need jaw surgery to fix my bite deformity.

I'm glad to hear your orthodontic story will finally end in success. Hopefully mine will too.

Closed Thread