It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2004, 05:51 AM   #1

gossgal HB User
25 immediate denture gal has question

Hello everyone im back with another question..lol I wrote earlier on 3/1/04 about being 25 and getting immediate dentures.Before i ask i would love to thank everyone who answered my question and reassured me. I have NEVER felt this comfortable on a site.Ok so has anyone had the implanted post that bottom dentures attach to? I have been doing tons of research and i think on this is the way i want to go. Do they implant the post when they are pulling the teeth? i cant seem to find when they do this before or after?I would like to half know what im talking about when i go on march 19...lol.Im still very very scared but have been walking myself through everything mentally and i think im going to take a lorazapam just so i dont chicken out!i'll keep you all posted and once again thanks abunch...with all your support and comfort you have offered me i know i can make it on this last journay to the new me!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-04-2004, 01:15 PM   #2

mysticvenus HB User
Re: 25 immediate denture gal has question

I was told by my dentist that you had to wait like four to six months after you had the teeth pulled before you could go back and have the posts put in. If you find out anything different, please let me know.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-04-2004, 11:55 PM   #3
(female)

Kaye2003 HB User

I just saw my dentist last week about implants for my bottom denture. I've had my denture for 2 years now, but my dentist did say that you need to wait 6mths - l year before the implants are put in the gum to allow for all the shrinkage and healing to be complete. He also said that the implants he does (showed them on a model to me) take one day. They are put in, your denture on top and you can eat that night. Does anyone know about the cost? My guy says $3700-$4000, not covered by insurance.

Old 03-05-2004, 09:36 AM   #4

gossgal HB User

Darn i was rather hoping they could put the post in right while they pulled the teeth...save myself one surgery lol. kaye my oral surgeon here in southern vermont said it was $1,200 per post so i think you need between 2 or 4. i have two teeth on the top that are not rotted so when i go on the 19 im going to see if there is anyway to salvage those roots to prevent so much bone reabsorbtion. i have heard horror stories about the bottom dentures... ugghhhh and every one of my teeth on bottom are rotted and broke off from the anorexia/ buliema/ dentist disorder. so there are no roots to save there!Im only 25 so im hope i dont laugh and my bottom teeth pop out. This would be a horrifec event for somebody of any age.

Old 03-05-2004, 11:02 AM   #5
Veteran

Literati HB User

hi gossgal!

Just out of curiousity (and only if you feel comfortable), can you explain why you will need immediate dentures? Was it due to some genetic reason or health issue? Thanks and I hope you are doing well!

Literati

Quote:
Originally Posted by gossgal
Darn i was rather hoping they could put the post in right while they pulled the teeth...save myself one surgery lol. kaye my oral surgeon here in southern vermont said it was $1,200 per post so i think you need between 2 or 4. i have two teeth on the top that are not rotted so when i go on the 19 im going to see if there is anyway to salvage those roots to prevent so much bone reabsorbtion. i have heard horror stories about the bottom dentures... ugghhhh and every one of my teeth on bottom are rotted and broke off from the anorexia/ buliema/ dentist disorder. so there are no roots to save there!Im only 25 so im hope i dont laugh and my bottom teeth pop out. This would be a horrifec event for somebody of any age.

Old 03-05-2004, 11:16 AM   #6

gossgal HB User

LITERATI:

Sure I can try to explain..lol its not as painful as in the past.I cant really remember going to the dentist that often.. our mom had anxiety and she was not really well informed and thought we could get AIDS, so i guess that was a begining to poor dental health.At 15 i became anorexic this continued for about 2 years then i found out i could eat then just throw it up further eating the enamel off my teeth. I received treatment for eating disorders at age 20 then at 21 i was also diagnosed with panic disorder/ agoriphobia and wasnt able to physically leave the house for about two years. so now i am on meds and feel so much better mentally but am left with a mouth of teeth gone to gumline. This is the last thing i feel i need to heal and be complete. Its no fun not smiling when your so happy inside finally after 25 years. I have been told i would be so beautiful if i could only smile...lol like this is supposed to make me feel better.. just makes you feel worse about what the typical super model looks like!So heres my story as sad as i feel about it at the present im glad this happened to me because now i am stronger inside and never ever judge people for what they look like!smile! Gossgal

Old 03-08-2004, 02:31 PM   #7

roxie7 HB User

gossgal, Your story sounds a lot like mine. I am 24 (25 in April), and unfortunately my parents did not make me go to the dentist much when I was younger. I have also been battling bulemia, and my teeth are crumbling and falling apart more and more. It really does a number on the ol' self confidence! I'm engaged to be married, but do not want to have a wedding until I have a lovely smile. It's scary and weird to think about, but I've also been thinking about the immediate denture route. There is no way I would ever be able to fix all my teeth, let alone afford it! The one thing I want in life is to have a white, straight smile so that I can feel pretty and confident and smile all the time. Your posts and your situation being so similar to mine have given me more hope & strength to muster up the guts to go to the dentist and ask for this. Thank you! I really hope that you will continue posting and will share your experience when you have your procedure done. Best of luck to you!

Old 03-09-2004, 12:55 PM   #8

gossgal HB User

Hi roxy..sorry to hear you are sharing similar pain. please go to the dentist asap. They can do wonders now. I let mine go down to the gums before i was strong enough to make that appoinment. It will destroy any ounce of self esteem you have left but worse yet it is sooo bad for our health. Oh i will get in here as my time gets closer as im very scared..i'll need the prep talk! Im so excited that you will be having a wedding! Its a beautiful day whne all eyes are on you...Its your day! enjoy. Keep in touch.

Old 03-11-2004, 04:50 PM   #9

gossgal HB User

Argghhhh... im getting a toothache. I dont think i can go on much longer like this. Im having a bad day all depressed about my teeth. Hmmmm maybe i'll go try a hot bath. I hope you all have great Friday!!!!!!! gossgal

Old 03-13-2004, 02:20 AM   #10

roxie7 HB User

Thanks for the words of support, gossgal! If I may ask, was it your dentist's recommendation to get full dentures? And, will he be giving you the immediate ones on the same day as removing your teeth? I can imagine being nervous, but just think how you'll look and feel afterwards when you have a beautiful smile and all those problems are outta there. Good luck...and I look forward to reading how it goes for ya.

Old 03-13-2004, 12:54 PM   #11

gossgal HB User

Roxie, yest they will be putting in the immediate dentures when hey pull them. I haveny actually been to dentist march 19 i go. i wasnt sure who to call so i did it backwards and went to the oral surgeon first..lol. Then they recomended a dentist for dentures.I have two teeth that i would like to see if they can save the roots to prevent my gums from shrinking and also am going to ask on 19 about getting two implants in bottom jaw for bottom dentures and to preserve gums...I'll write in on post next friday.Have you called dentist yet roxie?It took me 7 years to finally cal that why mine are ALL rotted.Take care and keep smiling...gossgal

Closed Thread