It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2004, 06:05 PM   #1

steve48 HB User
anyone ever have decay under a crown

I had a crown put on a chipped rear tooth in July 2002. I always had a sensitivity to cold after it was done. About 2 weeks ago I started getting a bad taste in my mouth. It wasn't constant but it smelled like a rotten tooth, especially when I flossed around the crown. I put my index finger in my mouth and touched the crown and it fell right off. It stunk really bad inside of the crown and the remaining tooth is barely above the gum line, but I do not know how much of the tooth was there when it was made. Now it is sensitive to hot or cold but doesn't hurt like a toothache would. I am afraid to go back to the dentist for fear he will tell me I need another root canal or worse to have it pulled. I am wondering if I leave it alone will it get worse since it started to decay or is there a way to stop from getting worse. I went out and bought sensidyne toothpaste and I have been gargling with Listerine and a flouride rinse.
I would appreciate any response to my problem ,

Steve

Old 03-05-2004, 04:39 AM   #2

needwingstofly HB User
Wink Re: anyone ever have decay under a crown

I had a crown put in a few years ago (don't remember quite when) - I just know that I had pain in it about a year ago - this baffled me because I thought that there was supposed to be absolutely no feeling in the tooth - the crown got very wobbly but never fell out - here's why you have to go take care of it - mine got INFECTED. No amount of mouthwash or toothpaste will prevent that - it is a rotting tooth that has to go - my dentist told me that it wasn't a good idea to do the root canal again - rather to pull it and put an implant into my jaw (which unfortunately is about 1700 out of pocket for the implant). That is where I am headed today - to get my teeth pulled. I am scared to death but I know it has to be done - just think - the rotting tooth is in your mouth which is in your head, near your brain - the infection can spread and make you really sick, to say the least. And just think, the next time you kiss a girl, wouldn't you rather have one tooth missing than the smell of rotting teeth? Go get it checked out, please! Before it gets worse!

The Following User Says Thank You to needwingstofly For This Useful Post:
cheeksii (10-25-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread