It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2004, 08:45 AM   #1
(female)

chill200 HB User
Allergic to braces??

Hello all,
Has anyone ever had an allergic reation to braces on their teeth ? The reason I'm asking is because i'm trying to figure out what in the heck is going on with me ! I got braces on my uppper row of teeth. Planning to get the bottom row done in another month or so. Ever since I got the braces on, i've started having strange heart palpatations. This has never happened before and since this started, I've stopped taking all o-t-c allergy meds and everything. I dont drink coffee or pops. I dont smoke. I DO, however, have a very bad case of anxiety disorder. All tests done on my heart are coming back normal.

So with that said, this is either a reaction to the braces or all of a sudden, my anxiety has taken a turn for the worst.

Thanks in advance for whatever info you can share.

Old 03-08-2004, 09:49 AM   #2
(female)

missny HB User
Re: Allergic to braces??

Hi,

I do think that your problem is anxiety not a reaction to the braces. I would think that if you had a problem with the braces it would be because of the nickel in them and it would be just in or around your mouth.

Michele

(check out archwired metal mouth forum good support for people with braces)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-08-2004, 11:46 AM   #3
(female)

chill200 HB User

Yes, I think you're correct. I just spoke with my Orthodontist and he said that my braces are not the NICKEL type braces. I have clear porcelan braces and it's not possible that is't related to that.

I have an appt on Wed with my Phsyciatrist to discuss the situation and possible try a new treatment program that can calm things down.

Wish me luck !

Old 03-08-2004, 12:57 PM   #4
(female)

missny HB User

Good luck. You should be fine.

Michele

Old 03-14-2004, 03:38 PM   #5

jhappy10 HB User

I wouldnt say your were allergic but your teeth and your heart have a close correlation. I have friends that have to take antibiotics b/f they get their teeth cleaned b/c they have heart palpatations. I would do a search on the internet regarding the correlation between heart and gums..it could just be from all the poking around done in your mouth and it should go away. Just make sure to floss and brush regularly to keep backteria and plaque from getting into your gums.

Closed Thread